Checking Unit Group For Buff

rodead

Reaction score
Well i made a spell but it is not working 100% i tried to make a spell with 4 dummy units that cast impale and if a unit gets the "impale buff" it will get damage. but it didn't worked, i tried to solve it with text and it says there are no units in the unit group. so here is my code. if you need more information just ask. please don't say there are some leaks because i know that!

thanks in advanced and +rep for helpers!

Code:
Cross Of Light 1
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Cross Of Light 
    Actions
        Set Cross_Of_Light_Unit[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] = (Casting unit)
        Set Cross_Of_Light_Boolean[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] = True
        Set Cross_Of_Light_Loc[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] = (Position of (Casting unit))
        Set Cross_Of_Light_Loc[((Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit))) + 12)] = (Cross_Of_Light_Loc[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] offset by 256.00 towards 0.00 degrees)
        Set Cross_Of_Light_Loc[((Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit))) + 24)] = (Cross_Of_Light_Loc[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] offset by 256.00 towards 90.00 degrees)
        Set Cross_Of_Light_Loc[((Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit))) + 36)] = (Cross_Of_Light_Loc[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] offset by 256.00 towards 180.00 degrees)
        Set Cross_Of_Light_Loc[((Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit))) + 48)] = (Cross_Of_Light_Loc[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] offset by 256.00 towards 270.00 degrees)
        Unit - Create 1 Cross of Light for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at Cross_Of_Light_Loc[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] facing 0.00 degrees
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale Cross_Of_Light_Loc[((Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit))) + 12)]
        Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Create 1 Cross of Light for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at Cross_Of_Light_Loc[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] facing 90.00 degrees
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale Cross_Of_Light_Loc[((Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit))) + 24)]
        Unit - Create 1 Cross of Light for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at Cross_Of_Light_Loc[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] facing 180.00 degrees
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale Cross_Of_Light_Loc[((Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit))) + 36)]
        Unit - Create 1 Cross of Light for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at Cross_Of_Light_Loc[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] facing 270.00 degrees
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale Cross_Of_Light_Loc[((Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit))) + 48)]
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Cross_Of_Light_Loc[GetPlayerId( GetOwningPlayer( GetSpellAbilityUnit() ) ) + 0])
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Cross_Of_Light_Loc[GetPlayerId( GetOwningPlayer( GetSpellAbilityUnit() ) ) + 12])
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Cross_Of_Light_Loc[GetPlayerId( GetOwningPlayer( GetSpellAbilityUnit() ) ) + 24])
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Cross_Of_Light_Loc[GetPlayerId( GetOwningPlayer( GetSpellAbilityUnit() ) ) + 36])
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Cross_Of_Light_Loc[GetPlayerId( GetOwningPlayer( GetSpellAbilityUnit() ) ) + 48])
Code:
Cross Of Light 2
    Events
        Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        Cross_Of_Light_Boolean[(Integer A)] Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Set Cross_Of_Light_Group[(Integer A)] = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Cross of Light ) Equal to True))
                        Set Cross_Of_Light_Integer[(Integer A)] = (Number of units in Cross_Of_Light_Group[(Integer A)])
                        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Cross_Of_Light_Group[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] and do (Actions)
                            Loop - Actions
                                Unit - Cause Cross_Of_Light_Unit[(Integer A)] to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Real((Intelligence of Cross_Of_Light_Unit[(Integer A)] (Include bonuses)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Magic
                        Unit - Set life of Cross_Of_Light_Unit[(Integer A)] to ((Life of Cross_Of_Light_Unit[(Integer A)]) + ((Real(Cross_Of_Light_Integer[(Integer A)])) x (Real((Intelligence of Cross_Of_Light_Unit[(Integer A)] (Include bonuses))))))
                        Set Cross_Of_Light_Integer[(Integer A)] = 0
                        Set Cross_Of_Light_Boolean[(Integer A)] = False
                    Else - Actions

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
There's a boolean condition that is if "Unit has *Buff* equal to True".

I'd suggest making a unit group of all enemy units within the maximum range impale can reach and run that check.

IF - (picked unit) has Cross_Of_light_Buff equal to true

then - cause CoL_Caster to deal chaos damage and blah blah blah.

This could be MUI as well since it's all ran instantly, but knowing impale, it might have a slight delay before the buffs show, so I'd suggest making them arrays and instancing them just to be safe.

Using the method I'm suggesting will save your map from having a permanent every .10 periodic event from being on, which will help if you plan on making a semi-large map.

I appologize for not taking the time and reading through your trigger carefully, but this is just a suggestion I'll throw out to you.

Good luck,

If no one else replies in a couple hours, post your map and I'll take a look at it!

-Beetlebomb

rodead

Reaction score
well in my map are several triggers for spells so don't be confused!
it is all kept clear i hope the spell is Called Cross Of Light.

here is the map for more information just ask i didn't do anything with your sugestion yet, if you want to imput it yourself and it works do what you want.

Attachments

• Quest of Sages Hero.w3x
    39.1 KB · Views: 118

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
Just saying, impale is a very ugly spell. It messes things up. So much so, in fact, that Dota itself removed impale from the game. It uses crow form instead.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Code:
Cross Of Light 2
    Events
        Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        Cross_Of_Light_Boolean[(Integer A)] Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Set Cross_Of_Light_Group[(Integer A)] = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Cross of Light ) Equal to True))
                        Set Cross_Of_Light_Integer[(Integer A)] = (Number of units in Cross_Of_Light_Group[(Integer A)])
                        [B]Unit Group - Pick every unit in Cross_Of_Light_Group[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] and do (Actions)[/B]
                            Loop - Actions
                                Unit - Cause Cross_Of_Light_Unit[(Integer A)] to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Real((Intelligence of Cross_Of_Light_Unit[(Integer A)] (Include bonuses)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Magic
                        Unit - Set life of Cross_Of_Light_Unit[(Integer A)] to ((Life of Cross_Of_Light_Unit[(Integer A)]) + ((Real(Cross_Of_Light_Integer[(Integer A)])) x (Real((Intelligence of Cross_Of_Light_Unit[(Integer A)] (Include bonuses))))))
                        Set Cross_Of_Light_Integer[(Integer A)] = 0
                        Set Cross_Of_Light_Boolean[(Integer A)] = False
                    Else - Actions

There's no 'Casting unit'. Haven't read through the whole trigger though.

rodead

Reaction score
o so stupid :banghead::banghead::banghead:

thanks and +rep!

but it still isn't working because it says there is no unit in the unitgroup.... :S

Ryuu

I am back with Chocolate (:
Reaction score
Are you sure if ANY of your units even have the buff 'Cross of Light'?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.