choosing a job !

holy_spirit

Reaction score
Recently (about one week) the company that I was working for had to close
And now I'm seeking for a new job.
Currently I have 4 opportunities, in the same field (Web development) but in different specialties (mean programming languages, PHP, JSP AND ASP.NET), and different salaries and places.
I want to ask you ppl, If you were me, and had these opportunities, what the job you ganna pick, the highest salary, nearest place, or the specialties the you are kind of pro in ?
I just little confused :confused:
At last "there are no such works that have complete conditions".

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
Hmmm...as I'm not that old I don't belive I can judge this too well but I'de go for the highest salary if it isn't too far away and you are reasonably good at the language (it should improve after a while working with it) if the "fun factor" is the same as with the others if you know what I mean. Thats my opinion.

Sintoras

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
If there are good career prospects with the one you are 'pro' at, then I'd choose that one.

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
My belief, honestly, is salary. ESPECIALLY if it offers you opportunities to learn more and expand yourself. If you're living w/ parents and taking the faraway job will force you to grow and learn more about yourself.

Trust me. I'm from a town called Whitby, Ontario, about 30 mins east of Toronto. I now live about 16 hours north of Vancouver (drive-time, nnnot as the crow flies). It makes the difference. You grow.

holy_spirit

Reaction score
I see different opinions here
NoxMortus says go with you "pro" Regardless of the salary
that what I see, Go with one field and be the one on it( this brings you more salary and income in future)
and in the other hand we need a good salary as chao says and living away (SOLO) makes you grow
today I had a meeting with a company that works in the same field I worked with and it nears my place, but unfortunately it postponed to tomorrow and I doubt about the salary.
Wish me luck.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Depends on a lot of things. Benefits, distance you have to travel, minimum and maximum hours. I mean, if the highest paying one can only be so far away before you would actually lose money because of travel expenses. It all depends on a lot of factors.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.