[Cinematic] Chaos Rising

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
This is a cinematic I've working on for a while. This is the first part, and part two will be released shortly.
Screenshots from current and future parts:

Episode One: The Fallen One
Story in spoiler.
Story thus far: In the kingdom of Thelria, war had always been the way of life. For centuries the different city-states fought one another for dominance. Until finally, a hero rose from nothing; Delnath. For two decades he fought to maintain peace. And he did achieve peace; but it was short lived, for a new enemy had found his way into Thelria...
Thrael, the Hammer of the North. He took the kingdom by storm, wielding power unseen before. Years passed by as Delnath tried to track him down, until finally they faced one another...
Years after the event, the wars had once again died down. Peace reigned, brought about by the Crimson Order, a group of warriors led by King Brenn himself. But little does anyone know of the looming danger, of the threat from forgotten foes...

Approx. Time of part one is 4 minutes.
Credits to General Frank, Tenebrae, Sephiroth_VII for models (hiveworkshop.com), and to Kinichie (newgrounds.com) for music.

Here's the map itself: http://files.filefront.com/Episode+1w3x/;10290339;/fileinfo.html

Alright here's Episode Two:

This one is about 13 minutes long.

http://files.filefront.com/Episode+2w3x/;10397002;/fileinfo.html

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
First of all, wow, i LOVE the Lord of the Rings music. It pwns and is so good.

Terraining - 9/10
It's pretty nice terraining. It has a nice touch to it that makes it realistic. Only thing I suggest is making the cliffs less... choppy, such as when... forgot the name, the peasant with sword goes down.

Storyline - 8/10
There's not much to it so we don't really know about it, but from what there is, it's interesting as a start. The fights imo were too fast.

Graphics - 8/10
It was flashy in some ways, and sometimes... well, it's not all about special effects and stuff, but this has the right amount I think.

Word Usage/Accuracy - 8/10
It's pretty simple but still understandable and works fine.

Total Score: 34/40
It's a great start and wonderful cinematic.

Errors I Found:
-when Big Joe is leaving and he says, "C'mon boys...", it shows the peasant with sword talking.
-not sure if this is an error or something, but you can see who it is when the ---- dude is talking.
It's the evil dude from beginning!

Good job. Can't wait for more. I suggest not releasing anymore after you have more than 50% of it done, because like say you release when it's 25% done, then 50% done, then 75% done; people have already seen the first parts 3 times, they get bored even for the last 25%. Just a suggestion. :thup:

P.S. +rep! -_- :)

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Great terrain, love the music (lord of the ring for the win^^) The battle is good also.

Hegemuffin

Reaction score
Nice, man, I liked it. The terrain could have used more variation in the village and possibly some more detail on the hill path. I liked the hill path a lot but I don't think there would be NO trees growing near it.

And just a minor thing: I think you did a really good job condensing the backstory into an intro and still leaving room to develop your plot - just make sure that the pacing is exactly how you want it, as you're going through a lot of material really quickly (I was mainly concerned that the transition to the present day felt a little abrupt). Again, though, it's minor.

Beyond that, I enjoyed the story and look forward to the next chapter.

Cheers!
The Hegemuffin

IceWarrior98

Reaction score
Not bad I suppose. I was disappointed by the fight though. Most of it was the spell caster shooting at the other guy, the good parts were when he tried to bomb the other guys ass with Flame Strike and he dodges. Things like that make a cinematic fight interesting. Hits, misses, leaps out of the way and the such instead of just poof and slash. Which by the way, his attack looked really retarded, like he can't even hold his own sword!

Also, something most people don't think about, are sound effects. Don't just rely on the game to make them, use triggers to call them as you see fit. Grunts, moans, blades hitting shields/swords, even explosions to make it seem more epic. Most of the sounds in Warcraft itself should do just fine.

One more thing, don't forget about visual effects. I saw a blood spirt or two, but maybe more of them whenever he's it, not just once every 5 minutes, he's not made of rock.

Ok ok one LAST thing. DON'T BE AFRAID TO EXPERIMENT. Try out EVERYTHING you can think of for your cinematic. Good luck on Episode 2.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dude, you got some nice terrain there. :)

The storyline and dialogue was good aswell. I can't find much things that I can give negative comments about. GJ

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
At the start when the narrator was talking, You could see... The abbyss, off-map, flat backround, you know..

The terrain is OK, nothing amazing though. Expected results when custom models applyed. :)

The fight was ok, too fast and choppy, they mostly wrapped around and attacked each other it looked like. The animations on the custom model didn't seem very good... =/

I liked the cameras, allthough some seemed a little to fast. It was pretty good, but too short.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Hm I'm surprised any of you liked the terrain, I thought it was some of the worst I've done... I'm not very good with rocky terrain :(

Anyways, I understand it is quite a short cinematic, however the 2nd part is considerably longer. I believe its about 3 times longer. Anyways, thanks for all the comments thus far :)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I'll watch it now.

EDIT: Well, I must say that episode 1 is better (because there is fighting :D)

Errors I Found/Things To Be Changed:
-when Kias returns to the city after talking with the King, you forgot to put his name during the cinematic-speech thing
-terrain more so you don't see the blank space when you are walking
-try, if you can, to make spacing larger so the units don't go through each other i.e. when the mage appears at the king, maybe you could make the model a little bigger so they both fit without having their bodies on the other side of the wall :p
-whenever they fight, it shouldn't be so much just leaving the units there to fight for a few seconds (like when Kias fought the 2 bandits that ambushed him); in real life, people would have different attacks but in WCIII they have basic same moves, so it looks like they are immortal and slash at each other for 10 seconds

Anyway, it was still good. Can't wait for the third part!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.