[Cinematic] Ralin's Story - Main Thread

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
yes ive put up a fixed inrtoduction thanks to 3 people syaing things r wrong with it lol dont matter. If its bad it needed fixing and now ive added 4, 5 and 6 to it. It will take some time for it to show though.

Oh and once its out and you have seen 4 ,5 and 6 can you suggest whether i should stop there and then or continue with cinematics?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
May I ask how long you have worked on these cinematics? I've been working on my cinematic for like 2 months now and it's only 9 minutes long so far, lol.

I'll watch updated version now.

duderock101

Reaction score
well let see. Ive spent around 2-4 hours on scene 1, 2 and 3 and then anoth 2-4 hours on scene 4, 5 and 6. They are quite short though so... It cos im doing them in parts.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
It's better now, but it could still be touched on. Make some of the aerial views lower so you don't see the "boundary" blank space. Also, you should read some tutorials on terraining.

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=91609

is mine. I could help you if you want.

Please correct your grammar. When I make cinematics, every minute of change I make, I watch it at least 2 times to fix it. As the maker, you should make some corrections yourself, not just let others find them for you.

I suggest not releasing the others until you watch it a couple of times and it's satisfying. Don't mean to bring you down or anything...

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will watch your part 2 now. I shall grammar check it :p

EDIT: I just was about to test it, I loaded up Warcraft 3 and clicked on the map and the map crashed Warcraft. I am guessing it was something to do with your minimap image if it was a custom one. May be something to do with alpha channels.

EDIT2: I tried it again and it did exactly the same.

duderock101

Reaction score
Either you were loading it up in editor and it crashed cos its protected or it's bugged in DL. It works perfectly for me and these no custom images what so ever. I dont even think i added any custom units. The other people who downloaded it havnt complained...

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's strange if there is no custom images... Those are the only other times I have seen a crash like this. And I were not opening it from editor. I can deprotect anyway :p Not that I would of course. I will try again.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Can you either 1) not make so many maps and put all of it into one map or 2) make it into a campaign?

It's so annoying having to download so many parts that are only like 3 minutes long. Make one part at least 10 minutes.

EDIT: Ok, I watched them.

Introduction:
-when the knights come, there is no subject - "You need to tell them, tell them this." That's not worded that well. Try something like this: "There is urgent news you must tell the townspeople."
-the knights don't even really say anything and just stand there for like 3 seconds, maybe put something to take the viewer's attention away for the moment they are "talking".
-Rolin just walks up to the hill to get the townspeoples' attention and then he walks down; the ideal thing would be to stay up there and talk...
-when Rolin is telling the people about the message, he is facing the other way, lol.
-when the 4 villagers talk about whether or not they should go, it sounds like they are against the Alliance - "We shouldn't help the Alliance". Make it more like they don't want to lose their families but they still want to help the Alliance, of course.
-after Rolin talks, you can see them all just disappear.
-the fade times are a little long imo.
-belive = believe; wern't = weren't; "Our families would be in shock."; make sure you put ?question marks? after questions; fix up Ralin's speech (also, Ralin sounds like an idiot - telling his father to go fight 'orcies' and risk dying, lol) :)P)
-after the Orcs kill the men and it fades out, it goes underground.

Scenes 4,5,6
-APPLICATION ERROR!

lol, it doesn't work. Please check over your own work. Watch it at least 3 times over and over again to catch your mistakes and to find areas to improve. Anyway, it has improved since the first release. Waiting for the next part.
-
-

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.