[Cinematic] Ralin's Story - Main Thread

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
Ralin's Story

Introduction

I was making a cinematic and i decided to start a project with cinematics. I though of a story and i got one finally so i just started today.

Story Line

Introduction (Scene 1,2 and 3)

It's Ralins childhood. It's just a normal day in the village of Gul'thare, everyones doing what they normaly do until 3 knights arive. They speak to Ralin's father Rolin who is head of the village. They ask him to give out a message to the village. As the knights leave Rolin gathers all the villagers around to discuss what the knights say. The knights asked Rolin to tell the villagers that the alliance has gone off to battle the Orcs in distant lands and that the villages of Lordaeron are wide open for local Orc attacks, so the Alliance need recruits to protect the villagers while the main troops are off fighting. Most of the villagers reject the whole message. Why should they risk their lives but Rolin asks them to sleep on it.

In the morning Rolin gathers 3 of the villagers strongest men and tells them that he dosn't think anyone from Gul'thare should go. The 3 men disagreee and say that they should to defend the village. In the end Ralin decides that his father should go and thats enough for Rolin and the 4 men leave Gul'thare to become recruits in the village of Strongbad.

On the way they decide to pick up horses in the village of Re'lant just 5 miles from Strongbad. On the way the 4 men run into a burning camp, checking to see if anyone survives they are trapped by 4 Orcish Grunts and a Blademaster. The blademaster orders for them to be sacrificed on the spot to try and summon demons. The 4 men die without any hope of surviving. The Blademaster then tries to summon the demons but fails. He orders one of his grunts to find the Blademaster of BlackRock clan to attack Strongbad and sacrifce 3 more people, one of them must be a guard. He also warns that Arthas will be there. The 4 men lost their lives and the Blademaster gained the ability to look into the future.

Scene 4, 5 and 6
Ralin leaves his village and trains for many years. 5 years after the Battle of Hyja, Ralin finds one of the Orcs who helped to kill his father. Getting no information out of the Orc he slays it. Hearing that Orc scouts are coming to check out the slain Orcs screams, Ralin legs it down the hill and hides. Realising that his only hope is to get through a small Orc Base he heads in that direction. After defeating the base he finally makes his way towards his base camp not knowing that the Blademaster who organised his fathers death was hiding in the Shadows...

At Ralin's camp they discuss what to do next about finding the Blademaster. One of Ralin''s scouts have seen the blademaster heading towards Ashenvale Forest. Packing up quickly, Ralin rallys his troops to set off after the Blademaster.

Ralin is almost at the river that divides the safest part of the Barrens to cross. All thats in his way is a group of QuillBoars. These Quillboars are tougher than the normal ones because the Blademaster has given them demonic powers. After defeating a few Ralin gets ambushed, he loses 2 men and has to hide in a near-by cave. A Quillboar scout looks for them but closley missess them. They leave the cave once the Quillboar are gone and get to the coast. Finding a Goblin Shipyard Ralin and the rest of his men hire a boat and set sail after the Blademaster. They pass an island where a battle is going on as well.

Screen Shots

Screen shots will be coming soon...

The story will continue as i write it up. You can find the maps here http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/

If you have and suggestions or tips or if you would like to give an idea to the story then just post here. Please don't flame this thread as it isn't completed yet. I will edit it as i go along.

Please note that the scenes can be long or short. They are a mixture of the two, if i had longs ones then it would get boring and sometimes the story can't cope with long ones so don't say that it's too short. There are long bits and exciting bits in it as well.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will check it out now and post back when I have checked it. From the story line it sounds alright, so I am hoping for some good stuff. :)

EDIT: Is the map actually submitted yet? Or is that a temporary link to nowhere? :p

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
I believe he's just showing where it will end up.

First off, it's Strahnbrad, not Strongbad, since it's apparent you're basically copying the beginning of Warcraft III. I'm assuming you're just using it as the beginning of the story, but whatever.

If you're going to be using storylines from Warcraft make sure it's accurate to the lore n such. Well, good luck making the story (might want to work on your grammar a bit). :)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Wow... talk about the past repeating itself >>> me. I felt like making a cinematic and then making it into a whole project, then I made a thread with "
main thread".

lol.

duderock101

Reaction score
I will check it out now and post back when I have checked it. From the story line it sounds alright, so I am hoping for some good stuff.

EDIT: Is the map actually submitted yet? Or is that a temporary link to nowhere?

I submitted it but it usally takes 24 hours to appear

I believe he's just showing where it will end up.

First off, it's Strahnbrad, not Strongbad, since it's apparent you're basically copying the beginning of Warcraft III. I'm assuming you're just using it as the beginning of the story, but whatever.

If you're going to be using storylines from Warcraft make sure it's accurate to the lore n such. Well, good luck making the story (might want to work on your grammar a bit).

It is Strongbad in the story, you shall see how it pans out so don't be to hasty i did go over my story

Wow... talk about the past repeating itself >>> me. I felt like making a cinematic and then making it into a whole project, then I made a thread with "
main thread".

lol.

Hmm making a cinematic was my own idea but saying Main Thread i got from sombody else... not really copying.

EDIT: The map is now avalible everybody

http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/maps.php?view=909

EDIT 2: Scene 4 Plan has been released, see 1st post. The map will be release once Scene 5 and 6 have been created!

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Lol protected... Why would you ever protect a cinematic? Especially when it's far from finished..

duderock101

Reaction score
first why wud u even want to open it and 2nd 1, 2 and 3 scene is one one map. 4, 5 and 6 are on another and if i make more they will be on a different one.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Yeah, I like to protect maps, too. Not because I don't want to share my vast and amazing knowledge of warcraft :p, but so that some stuff I can keep secret and I won't tell you what it is.

I'll watch the cinematic after I work.

duderock101

Reaction score
thanks for agreeing with me. I'm just starting the 5th scene right now. The 4the has combat so its better than the others.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Well, I watched it just now. To be honest, it was a bit of a dissapointment. It was a good start, but from your story, I thought it would've been a little more... neat.

The Good
  • it has a story to go with it so it makes it more interesting
  • the mixtures of people's thoughts and plans make it more realistic
  • the camera views show what you need to see when you need to see it on time

The Bad
  • the terrain is plain and mostly mass (of trees for example)
  • the grammar could be touched up a little
  • the animations could also be fixed. Watch it yourself and make sure it fits, like when Ralin is talking to his dad, he doesn't even face him, and when they all leave, they all just walk like right next to fence in a straight line. Also, the Orcs just appear out of nowhere; you should make some openings in the tree where they come out, so they don't just "create a (orc grunt)" suddenly

It's a good start, but it could be worked on a lot. Waiting for the next one. :thup:

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Alright just watched it.

Cameras: they were good overall, I thought. Probably the best feature of your cinematic. But at the end, the camera went through the ground.

Story: Story's okay, but every time I hear Strongbad I think homestarrunner.com. :p

What I liked most about your cinematic was the town, and the way it felt alive. With the kids running around and the farmers working, it added some realism.

The terrain though... don't mass trees. It looks absolutely terrible. Also there's not even any height differences in the super-massed forest, which also happens to only have a single type of tree. Where the camera is focused on is pretty good, but not amazing.

So, might wanna work on those background trees. And good luck with part two :thup:

duderock101

Reaction score
thanks for the tips guys really good. Ive just finished 4,5 and 6. Im just going over it now but with the terraining and stuff i will take long :thup: thanks for helping!

Alright just watched it.

Cameras: they were good overall, I thought. Probably the best feature of your cinematic. But at the end, the camera went through the ground.

Story: Story's okay, but every time I hear Strongbad I think homestarrunner.com.

What I liked most about your cinematic was the town, and the way it felt alive. With the kids running around and the farmers working, it added some realism.

The terrain though... don't mass trees. It looks absolutely terrible. Also there's not even any height differences in the super-massed forest, which also happens to only have a single type of tree. Where the camera is focused on is pretty good, but not amazing.

So, might wanna work on those background trees. And good luck with part two

Ive changed all the words that should be Strahnbrad. I've re done all of terrain and it's supposed to go into ground at the end so u can see the sky. I've fixed grammer, them walking too close to fence at the end of scene 2 and i've fixed a bug that im not sure u noticed so i won't say :) I will add them onto http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/ soon. Once you can downoload them i will post direct links

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just watched it.

Terrain is alright, town isn't too crowded and the forest in the background is a good effect, as it seems to go on forever... Apart from, I would agree with Dakho that the forest needs different high levels, like hills. At the moment it looks too continuous.

You used a lot of good camera effects. A lot of them are very effective. I do agree with thewrongvine about the part with the Orcs suddenly appearing. You should really make them come from near the trees, or make a pathway near where they should spawn, which they run down towards Rolin. Right at the end, is the camera supposed to go into the ground and look up towards the Orcs?

A few grammer mistakes, such as "thoes who dies loved one". It doesn't really make much sense. And "I don't no" should be "I don't know". "If we leave now it shouldn't take less than a day" should be "If we leave now, it shouldn't take more than a day". Also, it is really weird whilst Rolin's son is talking to Rolin and neither of them are facing each other.

In total, it wasn't bad. I would give it 7/10. GJ. :)

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score

duderock101

Reaction score
i've done that thx. I will update the first post so you can see what is in scene 4, 5 and 6. With the next map theres some cool credits that arn't very long but they kinda are like the WarcraftIII credits!

EDIT: I fixed it, i found a way to edit submited maps before they are approved. They should be approved from already done as your reading this,0.00000001 to 24 hours as your reading this. It just depends when your reading it lol :)

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Reason to why I took the protect thing up is cause my antivirus programm doesn't allow me to save all sorts of files, It allows me to open them but not save them. This is one of those kind of files.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.