Cinematics help

magnemann

Reaction score
Hello, I am soon finished with a map, and just need triggers (Quests and cinematics)

And this is going to be my first Cinematic map. I am competing with my friend when it comes to mapmaking, he has a slight advantage when it comes to envoirment making, and probably makes a lot more details. However, by making this map, I will have more cinematics and advanced triggers than him. ;)

We are both noobs at world editor really, and when it comes to triggers I only know how to make basic quests (Kill someone and you win, for example) And a little cinematics.

What I would want in this map is:
I am making 4 cinematics, and I need help with 3 of them, they are about the same though.

1: Ok, so, when my hero comes close to a unit, with an ! over him, a cinematic will start, and after the cinematic ended, we will get an optional quest. The quest is about killing a specific number of mobs, so, what I want to know is what are the triggers/codes for a hero comes near a mob with ! over him, cinematic starts, a little chat in the cinematic, then optional quest, and something to track how many I have currently killed (for example something that shows I have killed 2/10. and when that is completed, I return to the mob with an ! over him, and get a reward.

2: this quest is the easier variation of the quest above. When hero comes close to a mob with ! over it, cinematic will start, and you get a Main Quest. No need to turn in anything, when you have completed main quest you win.

3: After the main boss have been killed, which was in the main quest, I don't want the game to stop, like when the box pop up saying: "Continue", and "Quit campaign". I want a short cinematicto start, and when the cinematic is OVER, I win.

-I hope you guys understood everything, if not just ask. :p

Thanks for any replies (and Reputation given to everyone who helps!)
Sincerely, Magnemann. :D

1337D00D

Assuming that you know how do create basic cinematics;

1. Put a region around that unit. Make a trigger with the event "Unit Enters Region". Create your cinematic in the actions of that trigger.

Then make another trigger that checks when a unit dies, and make a condition that checks if the dying unit was the one you were meant to kill.
In the actions, increase an integer variable by 1, and display a text message.

Then make yet another trigger, that checks when a unit enters the region again, and give it the condition to check if your integer variable is >= 10. If so, create an item and give it to your hero.

2. Do the same thing as #1, but you don't need the second and third triggers.

3. Make a trigger to check when the boss dies. Then create your cinematic in there. When you are finished making your cinematic, call victory for the player.

magnemann

Reaction score
3. Make a trigger to check when the boss dies. Then create your cinematic in there. When you are finished making your cinematic, call victory for the player.

So you mean like: event- "boss" dies.
actions blah blah play cinematic
Game-Victory
Something like that?

magnemann

Reaction score
Ok, I need someone to tell me the full trigger, Action, event, condition, whatever for this.
At the start, the optional quest is not discovered.
"Zamuro" Comes close the "Perch Officer". The "Perch Officer" Has an exclamation mark over him. When "Zamuro" Comes close to "Perch Officer" A cinematic starts. (I can take care of the cinematic)
After the cinematic stopped, the optional quest is revealed, and you need to kill 10 farmers, and I need a trigger for keeping track on how many farmers are dead. After all 10 farmers are dead, I can go back to "Perch Officer" And complete the quest, and get an item as a reward. Then Quest is completed.

Will give reputation to anyone who can make triggers out of the text above. Thanks :D

magnemann

Reaction score
Ok, I need someone to tell me the full trigger, Action, event, condition, whatever for this.
At the start, the optional quest is not discovered.
"Zamuro" Comes close the "Perch Officer". The "Perch Officer" Has an exclamation mark over him. When "Zamuro" Comes close to "Perch Officer" A cinematic starts. (I can take care of the cinematic)
After the cinematic stopped, the optional quest is revealed, and you need to kill 10 farmers, and I need a trigger for keeping track on how many farmers are dead. After all 10 farmers are dead, I can go back to "Perch Officer" And complete the quest, and get an item as a reward. Then Quest is completed.

Will give reputation to anyone who can make triggers out of the text above. Thanks :D

As well as that, I need help with a new thing.
I made a cinematic, send transmission blah blah, from unit named blabla, Modify duration, add 60 seconds I even added 60 seconds! But the transmissions still last only 5 seconds! Why? :confused:

magnemann

Reaction score
Ok, so I read this guide for making similiar (Turning in an item instead of slaying enemies)
But I don't think it would benefit me anyway, because there were something else there that didn't do what I wanted...

My friend is also getting impatient since I have been for the past 3 days trying to make 2 quests in a 64x64 map... :rolleyes:
Still need help with the same.

Oh, and if someone wants to share a map with the things I need, please share, because I learn a lot faster by looking at the map and how it's built.

sincerely, magnemann.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.