Classic Broodmother Issue

CBBPhoenix

Reaction score
Hi guys I am currently making a Footmen Frenzy style map where one of the heroes is a giant spider (not a word about the Broodmother of DotA) :p Everything works fine with the wannabe net ability I've made except the fact that I cannot figure how to make a maximum number of webs. I've looked serveral places but I couldn't find any forums where that question was asked; so now I'm asking: how do you create a trigger for adjusting maximum number of webs in playble map area? thanks in advance :)

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Edit: Welcome to thehelper.net!

You could trigger the limit? If I remember right, the broodmother in DotA has a limited number of webs and if she creates more, the oldest get destroyed right?

If you've triggered the spell (which I think you did) then it's pretty simple. After the web is created assign the web to a unit array. Something like set Web[Integer] = last created unit, or the like. Make an integer variable that starts at 0. After you set the array variable set the integer to integer + 1. Then just make an If condition before the setting of the array variable saying that
-If integer greater than <your limit here> then
set integer = 0
remove Web[integer]

Remember to keep the If completely seperate from the array variable setting.

Btw, if this is confusing, you could show me your trigger....and I could help you from there.

CBBPhoenix

Reaction score
Triggers

Well it sounds like the right thing and pretty simple to do actually, might need to open the world editor to understand it completely. :p Well my triggers is just a periodic event checking how many nets is in playable map area and then if it's more than level of web for the spider, then remove random units matching(unit-type of matching unit = spiderweb). But I'd like to make it remove the first net so there's no chance that the net just cast will instantly disappear :-/. But I'll check if I can make the trigger, else I'll return. Thanks for now :D

CBBPhoenix

Reaction score
Fail

It's not working this way for me. But I also added something else because I think that setting the integer to 0 after too many nets have been detected would allow you to just spawn more nets when the amount was exceeded. Or am I mistaken? Posted some screenshots of my fail triggers :p

Attachments

• ss1.gif
    ss1.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 90
  • ss2.gif
    ss2.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 78
  • ss3.gif
    ss3.gif
    5.4 KB · Views: 86
  • ss4.gif
    ss4.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 104

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
hmmm too much triggering....

Go for this
Code:
Event:
Unit starts the effect of an ability
Condition:
Ability being caste = Web
Action
Set Integer = integer + 1
create 1 web at loc, for player etc
set unit[integer] = last created unit
if (integer > 8) then
unit - remove unit[1]
for each integer A from 1 to 8
   set unit [integer A - 1] = unit [Integer A]

EDIT: also dont forget to reduce the integer you are using to count the webs to 8 again
and you are done

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.