Claymore

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
attachment.php

Claymore (クレイモア, Kureimoa) is a dark fantasy manga series written and illustrated by Norihiro Yagi produced for Monthly Shonen Jump. As of October 2007, 13 volumes of the original Japanese edition and 11 in English have been released. Each chapter in the manga is referred to as a "scene".

An anime series based on the manga began airing in Japan on 2007-04-03.

The Background

Claymore is set in an unknown, medieval-like world where humans and creatures called "Yoma"s coexist. The latter live by eating the guts of humans, though with their numerous powers (such as shapeshifting) they can hide from them, disguise themselves and act as them, and kill them easily. All of these together make it hard for humans to live, and so the whole "continent" in which humans live mostly consists of towns.

To protect fellow humans, a secret organization known as the "Claymore" has been created.

The Organization

The Claymore create hybrids that are even more powerful than the original Yomas by mixing their blood with human's. They are trained to kill Yoma, can detect them while hiding and are overall weilder of great strength. But the more the Claymores call on their supernatural strength, the closer they come to losing their human sides forever. No one knows who they really are though, what are their true strengths, where they come from, and who they were before becoming Claymores, as well as their number. To humans, they are mostly dangerous beings called "The Silver-eyed Witches" who get rid of the Yoma but who can still be dangerous. While fighting such creatures, they can be easily identified by their eyes changing color from Silver to Golden.

What is known about the organization is that it goes after Yomas on demand. When one town is being attacked by a Yoma, the leader comes in contact with the organization and they send 1 or more Claymore to get rid of the Yoma. Claymores are also said to be always females, for unknown reasons. Other information is not held by humans...

The Story

The story highlights Clare (sometimes Claire) as its protagonist, who is also a Claymore. Naturally, she is dispatched to a Yoma-assaulted town on request, where a boy named Raki lives. We get to know about her past, the story behind claymores and this whole unknown world, and other terrible facts about her reality. It is a drama/fantasy and supernatural anime, where once one starts, one cannot help but finish the whole season ;)

The anime emphazises on gore scenes. For those who are absolutely horrified by fountains of blood, don't read/watch it.

There are a total of 26 episodes in the animes, and 78 chapters (Still ongoing) in the manga.

Characters

attachment.php

Clare (クレア, Kurea)​

The series' protagonist. Clare is a distant and quiet Claymore, but occasionally shows an impulsive side. After one of her assignments, she picks up a boy called Raki, who was exiled from his village. Raki gradually manages to break through her shell and they become friends. It is unclear whether their relationship is fraternal or romantic, although it has similarities to her relationship to Teresa, a Claymore who adopted Clare as a child. Clare is ranked #47 of the Claymores, the last and therefore weakest of all.

attachment.php

Raki (ラキ, Raki)​

A young boy whose family was murdered by a Yoma. The Yoma was slain by Clare. Raki, suspected of being a Yoma himself, was exiled from his village, although he denies this to Clare and claims to have left voluntarily. Clare originally offered to take him with her to the next village, but eventually they get attached to each other and continue their journey together. Raki is devoted to Clare and aspires to become strong enough to protect her.

attachment.php

Teresa (テレサ, Teresa)​

Teresa was the strongest Claymore of her time. Her special ability was an exceptional sense of the yoki flows of her adversaries. Her appearance is like that of a goddess and it is backed-up by her awesome strength and power. Teresa was known as Teresa of the Faint Smile (微笑のテレサ, bishō no Teresa, lit. Smiling Teresa).

As a Claymore, Teresa was originally a cold-blooded killer who cared for no one, only helping villages because she was ordered to. During a hunt, Teresa saved the young Clare from a Yoma that kept her as a plaything. Clare chose to follow the initially unwilling and hostile Teresa. Eventually Clare's determination moved Teresa and a close bond was formed between the two...

attachment.php

Miria (ミリア, Miria)​

Miria, also called Phantom Miria (幻影のミリア, gen'ei no Miria) takes her name from her unique ability to greatly, but briefly, increase her speed to the point where she leaves many afterimages of herself in battle, confusing the opponent. She is a high-graded claymore which means she is often seen as a leader when the organization sends more than 1 claymore to a mission. She happens to meet Clare during such a mission. Generally speaking, she is friendly, wise, and righteous. She is also very skilled at teamwork and tactics. Last but not least, she is trying to learn the secrets of her organization...

attachment.php

Priscilla (プリシラ, Purishira)​

A Claymore who qualified during Teresa's peak, Priscilla was quickly promoted to #2. It was believed she would become stronger than Teresa in time, and she was one of the group of four Claymores sent to execute her following her break with the Organization. Her lack of experience led to catastrophic consequences...

Opening Song
[youtube]PK13vVr05SM[/youtube]

NOTE: Please when talking about the anime/manga's story or episodes, use Spoiler tags.

If anybody finds the episodes' openings, please report to me ;)

If you don't know what is this anime/manga, try it out. Discuss!

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We can still hope at the very least. Fortunately, this anime is still "new" and might incite the producers to make another season if it is popular enough. :)

G

Gamoura

A friend show me one episode of that anime and it look so nice, its very violent xD
i didnt see the whole season but with only 26 episode i hope it will have a second season too. Why this forum dont have an anime section where ppl could talk about their favorite anime, it would be very nice, imo.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> i didnt see the whole season but with only 26 episode i hope it will have a second season too.

Plus, it is a very recent anime, which means that nobody "abandonned" it or whatever, so chances are it will be popular enough to deserve a second season.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well not right now, but remember that Claymore the anime started about halfway through 2007 in Japan. Which means that it is still very new...

Idontknowyou

Reaction score
I just finnished watching all 26 episodes and there just seemed to be too much left in the story to just end it there.

This anime really needs a second series >_<, I hope they release one soon.

edit: maybe I'll make a wc3 game for it while I wait, lol.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> This anime really needs a second series >_<, I hope they release one soon.

Yes it does need one!

> I just finnished watching all 26 episodes and there just seemed to be too much left in the story to just end it there.

It's still a new anime, very new indeed. Wait a bit more maybe? ;)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo!

Claymore 78 released!

Enjoy! :D

It would be also worth it to mention that Claymore is ranked #7 on onemanga.com of about 450+ manga series.

nanometre

Reaction score
Claymore is one of the best things that ever happened to me...well, in the anime world. I love it :D

1)ark_Knight

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I just recently watched the anime. It was most likely the best anime I have ever seen. I began watching it about 4 days ago and couldn't stop. I even had a lack of sleep because i would rather watch Claymore than sleep :p.. I know it was somewhat sad.

I highly recommend this to any anime lover out there that has yet to watch Claymore.

And as far as the Manga goes, I'm curious about it, because I'm betting there will not be a season 2 of Claymore in the anime even though it leaves off like it does *damn bastards... don't they know loose strings in an anime like that is the worst thing to ever happen to a show...*
Is the Manga worth reading for Claymore? Because it's been forever since I've last read a manga, however the anime was good enough to make me ponder reading the rest.

EDIT:

For anyone who has seen the complete anime and is in to AMVs... Watch this. It is a fantastic Claymore AMV.
The Song is "The Howling" by Within Temptation
Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udLiMUAEGKE&amp;feature=related
Embedded Video:
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/udLiMUAEGKE&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/udLiMUAEGKE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
Claymore ~~~~~~~~~~~~~!

BTW..... can we kill those unknown leaders?. that orders other claymores to dispose they're own kind. >.>

Gev

Reaction score
I have read in Blogger.com there says that this anime is on going. I have woched this anime 4 times and still wont to watch it again. Before this anime I wached Elfen lied, Death note, Naruto, Claymore is awesome.

TeresaClare002.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.