Clearing Specific Chat Messages

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
I have used the search function - And either I suck at scanning threads or I just plain typed in the wrong keywords, for I am sure this has been posted before.

So basically what has make me feel like a total beginner is that I want to remove certain Chat Messages that players send, for them not to be shown.

More specifically, I have an income command ( -inc and -income ) that I don't want shown. Why? Because one person will check their income then 6 others will right after and it's stupid to have all those messages on the screen. Not to mention how many times people access the Income Command over the course of a long game.

But I also don't want to clear all chat messages when -inc or -income is typed because quite frankly it can remove something that does need to be shown.

Am I a total noob, or can someone help me? :eek:

Have a good one.

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Thats not the problem, it already does that.

I just mean the chat message itself, the -inc and -income the player types.

Sorry for the confusion.

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
I dont think you can do that, you will have to hide the chat completely and recreate your own chat system. I found a tutorial a few weeks ago if your interested ill link you.

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Why not just change chat to observers?

Well I could do that for me, although I doubt others would find it convienant. :p

Personally, I don't care that they show - It's just whenever I test someone mentions that I should not show it.

As to you, Sil3nt, link it if you will. :) I'll take a look at it and see if it's worth the trouble at all, though I am still hoping for an alternative if there is any.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Why not activate it through abilities? Somehow... like make a hero (For accesibility, F1) and give it the abilities. Make it have no model, hidden, etc. and just give it the abilities. Hero uses ability, ability is equal to etc. etc., show income.

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
I like you idea, esb.

Nice, simple, easy to do.

Thanks! :) I think I'll use it.

Though also thanks to Sil3nt, that is a useful tutorial for other situations and I am glad you've pointed it out.

Have a good one.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.