Clone ability

lesson

Reaction score
i wanna make a clone ability like the one in Ryoko TD.. problem is that i can't figger out how to make it.. can anyone here plz tell me how to create a Clone ability like the one in Ryoko TD with the triggers and all

-thanks

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
base it off of
mirror image
or wand of illusion
depending on what your talking about Oo

lesson

Reaction score
well in Ryoko TD it is the tower called "Copy Cat" that can target any other tower (edit: with the ability "Clone") that the user controls with the total cost of 400 or less and simply take shape and abilities of the chosen tower, thereby copy it. it still retains the copy ability so it can still copy itself to another tower if the controler wishes...

though try and play the TD to see for urself if u wanna help me, perhaps when u see it u will know witch triggers to use.. i have tried but can't really figger out a way to make it work

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
So, you're going to need an ability that can target a single player-owned unit (Rejuvenation for example, with HP = 1)

Event:
- A unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions:
- (Ability being cast equal) to Copy Cat
- Point value of (Target unit of ability being cast) less than or equal to 400
Actions:
- Unit - Replace (Casting unit) with Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast)
- Unit - Add ability Copy Cat to (Last replaced unit)

This assumes that the gold cost has been copied into the point value of your units.

Untested, as always.

lesson

Reaction score
it dosn't sound like the one im thinking about but thx any AceHart ma m8 :D
i guess the trigger you made also can be used, i'll try work on it now when i have an idea to work futher on so thx :D

btw it was the tower that was named "Copy Cat" with the ability Clone and not the ability who was called Copy Cat (dosn't really matter though)

if anyone else come up with an idea that sounds more like the one in Ryoko then i would be glad to know :)

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Ace is on the money.

Thats exactly what it does.

Replaces the tower with the target, and adds the copy cat ability onto the new tower.

I check the gold cost to prevent people from copying ultimates.

The only thing missing here is mine will display a message that says the tower costs too much.

[edit]

I love that tower. Specially switching when someone gets a better one :D

lesson

Reaction score
oh yea that's right many thanks.. couldn't see that.. and also a good idea with the limit of 400 :) otherwise ppl would surely copy the Ultimate tower all the time

ur TD is the best ever :D i can see you have really worked out every tower, ability, creeps, mapping, triggers, mini games (GREAT idea and lot of fun :D )
and lots of other things.. ur TD is probely the best TD ever made..
at least i think it's the funniest TD ever.. those Mini Games are really cool.. did u get some of the ideas from the "Bunny Island" (i think that's what it's called) with the bunnies running around gathering eggs for money and the sometimes some Mini Games pop up like in yours... really cool :D

lesson

Reaction score
u welcome :) .. i love great map makers :D

too bad, it could have become a really funny map with all the Mini Games
well i can imagine how hard it must have been for u to create some of the mini games

however the "Funny Bunny`s Egg Hunt" map im speaking of is created by Blizard Entertainment
u sould check it out if u haven't tryed it.. it has some nice mini games aswell :)

EDIT:

here is the right name of the map "Funny Bunny`s Egg Hunt"
it can be downloaded here
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=361&sid=

lesson

Reaction score
well i created a Clone ability and it works just fine so i just wanna say thx once again :D
AceHart and SD Ryoko

but now i want to make my Clone look a bit diffrent from the original, i wanna make Clone more blue after it has cloned the target.. how do i make my clone change color to blue like the Mirror Image (not player color) i can't find anyway to make my clone turn blue after copying the target :banghead:

T

TOC_Cid

You shoulda posted this in the World Editor Help forum, this is for projects that people are working on.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah we should have a huge project with all kinds of minigames in it. Many people can think up good ones, and have a few people work on the triggers (I'm working on one right now, and I've got 4 done (working on the 5th) and i'm out of ideas, (without copying other's ideas, of course)) BTW, nice text under the avatar, SD_Ryoko. It's awesome.

For the Funny Bunny Egg Hunt, Warcraft III makes you download it as one of the updates. Should be under one of the mapping folders, like scenario or something (Along with Azeroth Grand Prix, Blizzard's Tower Defense, Worm War, and other maps Blizzard made, or randomly decided to make everyone download).

lesson

Reaction score
TOC_Cid said:
You shoulda posted this in the World Editor Help forum, this is for projects that people are working on.

well perhaps we sould get a project up running like a mini game island or something.. as Ryoko were talking about

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.