CoD discussion

Cres

Reaction score
Well, ogrepolitician is on but he seems to be afkish, PB made the game but i dont think his connection is great because the dl is really slow. gn=COD>DOTA for all of you who want to play right now

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
PB-and-J has gone missing
Cres is afk
I'm awaiting Cres to come back and 56k is currently waiting too. Someone get in here so we can at least have 3 to a team

clan mm on east

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
I don't know if I can stay the whole game, though....

EDIT

post 100! ding! congradulate me!

2nd EDIT

Why can't I get in clan mm? Do I need to be in the clan?

Sargon

Reaction score
I'm back! I'm ready to pwn some noobs!

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
im back..

Im ready too

Realm??

My name is Matkill on all realm

Tell me realm soon..
wat time..?
and include if its for east or west..

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Clan MM is on USEast so that's where they are.

Aren't I nice? :)

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
well we tried playing with me but for some reasons.. I kept getting droped as soon as I was done downloading..

it went from download screen to score screen.
Sud, ur map go so much bigger now..
try to reduce the size of ur skins :)

Sud

Reaction score
You need to lose that Mac man. Do yourself the huge favor and buy a PC

It's worth it just for all these compatibility problems you're having in maps.

Sargon

Reaction score
Hey, I can play your maps fine. So it's not the operating system. It's probably some random setting or firewall or something.

Sud

Reaction score
Maybe Krakka'z Krazy KoMpUtAr is fubar

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
Ill restart my laptop right now..

ill see if that helps...
Wanna try again right now in 5min sud?

Sud

Reaction score
well we played a whole bunch but if sargon wants to go sure.

We'll want to see if you can join a private game rq just to make sure your krazy komp isn't kracking up again

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Sud said:
well we played a whole bunch but if sargon wants to go sure.

We'll want to see if you can join a private game rq just to make sure your krazy komp isn't krakking up again

Fixed :rolleyes:

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
(add all good things here)

Productive things:

'GAME POINT' and other titles could be a different color than the text that follows. Making a string var with the code could be handy, then if you change it they all update.

Whenever players are mentioned, for game points, kills, left game, I feel it should always color the players names. I dont really ever look at names; I just say their color or hero type.

Pink left, pink bottom, brown top, teal help, purple ks me, etc.

Your preview pic on the map submission page could be the same pic inside the game; this could provoke more downloads as your in-game pic is much much better.

Some hints are way long and annoying covering the screen. These could be much simplified to communicate the same message.

Kill towers to boost your creeps. Destroy necropolises to win.

At a minimum, you could print like 5-6 blank spaces please, to position those at the top or something. Its just incredibly annoying to micro or fight another hero and theres garble everywhere that I'm probobly not reading.

Oh I did read one, and died while reading it... Sigh.

The tooltips for items are insane. Not only are they all one blob of white, there unorganized. You have to read the entire thing to understand really what it does. Your eyes have to filter the bonuses out of the bottom blob of white, and it takes a long time to review just one item of the many because you have to read it so thoroughly. (see attached) I really just trying to get a jist of the item to see if it fits my character, but I have to read the whole blob to know, something like this image would be an incredible improvement. And if items don't stack (like orbs) I think it should tell us

Some items, like boots of speed, have a radical icon. Although nice looking, there is nothing about the icon that would communicate "these are boots of some kind". Cuz they don't even look like boots.

The text in the beginning 1) stays way to long 2) blocks most of the viewing area for heroes 3) is way to much 4) isn't read by some players anyway (like myself - LOL).

It could use mass simplification. And stay less then too, since less to read. And 5-6 blank spaces would get it out of the way, so I can see heroes.

Many people will select heroes accidently by clicking them the first time. Except for maybe the mass of white text, nothing tells me "DONT CLICK ON A HERO, click q? mark."

Now we can live with such a system, but the hero arena itself is nuts. They could be inline - or a large rectangular pattern. But heroes and question marks are scattered and squeezed in and... really just all over the place. Some organization down here could really help.

I dont really understand the abilities, theres like 2-3 catagories (in red) per ability, but some say different things and I just don't get it. Is this a target spell, aoe, damage, slow, what? what what? Which one does it do? Cuz theres like 3 or four things.

Instead of saying "Deals 150 damage in a line, stunning all enemies hit. Stunned enemies slowed 45% for 4 seconds."

(THIS IS EXAMPLE NOT ACTUAL)

It says something like
[damage]150/50/60 all enemies in a line
[stun] Stuns enemies hit by arrow
[slow] slows 45% for 4/7/9

WHAT?

Some other things:

Game kicks off too fast. I don't get a chance to hunt for a couple items and get going. Should be about 2 minutes before creeps come. If it is, sure don't feel like it

Loading time could be optomized.

I havn't played enough to know, but I look at the item attached and see 3500,4500, etc etc. I think those games, I had at most 1500 gold to spend.

Okay! But overall, great fun map. This has incredible potential and I like the concept. Looking forward to future versions as well.

Attachments

• new items.jpg
    new items.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 271

Cres

Reaction score
/me agrees with Ryoko
the items are very hard to manipulate (you see why i just get the same build over and over?) also, you should have a command like -hints off or
-clearscreen for "advanced" players who know what the hints say already.

Your skills might need a bit of changing too, some of the tooltips go off the little box, which is really annoying since:
Due to his great faith... blah blah... With the great energy of good... blah blah... he can grant his allies--- and its out of room (this isnt a real tooltip, but i think i saw something of the sort on the paladin that left)
Advice-
when your in the "learn hero abilities" screen, you should have the damage, slow/stun, etc. for all levels but when you have learned it, you should just show the damage, stun/slow, etc. for the current level, much less gigantic.

EDIT:
and of course, we need teh SANDKING! :p

Sud

Reaction score
One thing while I got you on the line Ryoko if I could:

There's this one skin that is baffling me. Attached. All the area that appears in it as light blue is transparent. Yet, when I convert it to .TGA from either the image extractor or war3viewer, it puts it in as a normal color, and the transparency information is not saved in an alpha channel.

It doesn't do this for, say, the sorc model in the tutorial, which opens in ULEAD with the selection already made per the tutorial. This has no selection. What is up with this BLP?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.