-=Coming Of the Chaos=-

WorpeX

Reaction score
Yo, its me again! Been working on my latest project...

The Coming Of the Chaos!

The map is an AOS game, however it isn't your usual, "spawn units in 3 lanes and fight in them" kind of AOS. Actually, I made this map originally to be completely opposite in ideas as DotA is.

Ok, so your probly wondering, "Whats opposite of dota?". Well, for starters this isn't a PvP game completely, there is a HUGE PvE part to the map. So, instead of only fighting against your one enemy, you have anouther player to worry about that isn't human controlled. There also isn't 3 lanes, but instead 1. One lane to do all the fighting! The game is very fast paced and I have tried to design the map completely around this. (essentially, you dont wait 90 seconds to respawn, the max I have ever gotten to was 10 seconds, but it all depends on your hero level).

PvPvE:

So, whos the, "Other enemy you need to take down?" well, the name implies it, "the chaos". Basically, I have planned on combining 3 genres together, so, you need to defend your base from the Chaos in this part of the game. At the moment, the chaos doesn't really effect the game much exept in hero levels (only seen one game where the chaos had a impact in the outcome) However, I would serously like to make the game have more of a chaos effect.

Fast Paced Style:

The Death Penalty in this game can be described as three things: Handy, Quick, and Udderly annoying. How is it handy? well, say there is someone in the game that has become a bit too powerful. If you can kill him, he wont be as much of a threat anymore. Instead of waiting 2 minutes to be revived and than walking for anouther minute back to the fight, you get revived in 1-10 seconds and lose a level, while only walking for about 5 seconds to get back to the fight. To add to the fast paced style I have made the AI alot less retarded than in most AOS games, they dont stand and die. They micro.

Other:

Those are the differances right now, I have in the future plans on having arena battles. (hopefully I plan on having all arena matches differant, one with 1 player from each team allied against a chaos enemy. Others just basic 1v1 fights and maybe a 2v2).

You may also notice that this game isn't completely focused around items/heros and blah blah. I have for each team a completely differant set of merc camps to hire an army ranging from Dragons to Murlocs.

Currently:

Right now, I have 10 heros for each team. Some of the heros you may remember from "WorpeX Arena" as I took several of my COTC heros and put them into WA. (You may notice that in WA there are a few heros that mention COTC in their bio).

As this map started out as one my first ever projects I have been doing alot of work lately bring it up to date on triggers and terrain. (for example, the reviving triggers on an early build were about 50 triggers, I have shortened it down to 2.). Most of the heros have standard abilities but a few of the newer heros have custom abilities.

What I need Help with:

LORE ! : Right now the story line pretty much blows, and I'm not a pro at doing this kind of thing. I'll explain better if anyone would like to help. ^^

Testing - ya, I could use some testers. Although I dont want to post the current map version up yet, I would like to do a few more things to the map before that happens. If you'd like to test try contacting me on b.net, WorpeX@Azeroth.

Also, you can all check out my website for updates on my other maps:

www.WorpeX.co.nr

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Ill test be happy too, but im not on azeroth :p So that might propose a problem hahah.

hellmonja27

Reaction score
seems a really fast paced game. one lane? 5 seconds to get into battle? yes for a person used to DotA this is really fast. i don't really get the Chaos concept but i guess you've been a bit vague coz its a surprise so that's fine.

overall i don't see how these elements would go well together. having said that, it's not a bad thing as it sounds. it adds mystery: "how the hell would this guy implement all of these and make a great game?" how? get the map and find out for yourself, that's how...

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
I could give a crack at the lore. Just tell me a few things, like what the map is like, what the different forces are, anything and everything that could affect storyline, and I'll probably think of something that fits well.

WorpeX

Reaction score
overall i don't see how these elements would go well together. having said that, it's not a bad thing as it sounds. it adds mystery: "how the hell would this guy implement all of these and make a great game?" how? get the map and find out for yourself, that's how...

They work alot better than it sounds on paper I guess, I havn't recieved any negative feedback in years. (although, I dont really play with pubbies often, mostly with just friends.)

I could give a crack at the lore. Just tell me a few things, like what the map is like, what the different forces are, anything and everything that could affect storyline, and I'll probably think of something that fits well.

I'm pretty open on ideas for the storly line, doesn't have to be anythign big either really right now, the only story line is that there the defenders and undead are fighting when the chaos arrives. Which pretty much sucks.

I'd like the map to be set about 10 years before WorpeX Arena. (dont know if you played that or not, but it doesn't matter if you did or didn't. Only things that are similar is a few heros from COTC make an appearance here and have referances to this "war" in their profile).

The map has Three Factions:
The Defenders : Mix of Orc, Naga, Night Elf and Human.
The Undead : Obviously Undead.

Both of these two teams have a special hero unit for the faction controlled by the AI, neither of these two have a perminant name. (right now just Kel'thuzad and Gogonnash) So feal free to make one up if you'd like too. They dont play a huge part in the game exept in defence.

The Chaos : These are the non-human controlled units. These units are mostly Chaos units, And Since It was Requested I'm gonna go a bit more in detail about the chaos.

The Chaos First Arrive 15 minutes into the game, although this first level is relitively easy, They do play a big part in leveling the battlefield for this round, both sides usually take heavy unit casualtys. (rarely are there any hero deaths). They have tree spawn areas, The Middle Lane, Left side of the undead base, and the right side of the human base. They then come every 5 minutes after, untill the final coming.

The final coming is the hardest challenge and I have seen them take out bases before if left unattended to. The leaders of this final coming are "Darkknight" "LAVAMN" and "Gosh'rot" as well as one more yet unnamed hero. (yes, those two are both names of people who helped make the map)

Hopefully the enough information to give you an Idea of the map and hopefully enough to generate a decent storyline. If you have any questions make sure to ask!

Mr Zero

Junior Regular (Got the T-shirt)
Reaction score
Bug Tester

Mr. Zero ready to duty... :D

Need any help on triggering?

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
What is the tileset?

The Horde and the Alliance have been at war for thousands of years. (this takes place after WC3 and WoW) The battles have been fought over all the land, and all grow weak, until now both sides have been so weakened that they no longer have the will to fight. Unknown to both sides, however, is that the scourge has been biding it's time, growing stronger and stronger with every warrior that falls. Now it see's it's chance to strike, and attacks both continents with unbelievable force. Now both the Horde and the Alliance have their backs to the wall, and have once again joined forces to defeat this foe. Even the naga, who would kill any other race on sight, has grudgingly accepted a truce. Now they make their last stand, at (need to know the tileset and general look, so I can say where), grasping at a dim hope of holding off the undead armies.

Throughout this, the Burning Legion watches. Still weakened after their defeat thousands of years ago, they hope to catch the races of azeroth unawares. They see that, while the scourge is indeed powerful, it is not unbeatably so. They still have a small control over them, and use this power to weaken them before the final battle. Now they wait, and know that, whichever side wins the battle, the Burining Legion wins the war.

The leader of the undead forces would probably still be arthas, since undead are immortal. For the Defenders, you would have to come up with a new one. Since archimonde is dead, it makes sense that the burning legion would have new people ruling it, so you can choose whomever you like for them.

WorpeX

Reaction score
Nice. ^^ Two thumbs up, Sounds great, I love it. I'll make sure to use that, cause its about 20x better than my original. Oh ya, its set on Ashenvale. Only beef I have about it, is its a bit too long to put on the loading screan. (i'll make sure to use the whole thing in the quest menu/download page)
Anyway you can sum that up to only one smaller paragraph?

Mr. Zero ready to duty...
Need any help on triggering?

WOOOO MR.ZERO!!!!!!!! xD xD xD Naw, dont need any triggering help right now, most of what i've been doing lately is balancing, terrain and fixing up heros. But, Later on I might need some help with the Gladiator Arena matches, I tried to do this in my first build of the map (two years ago, though. >.<) and I couldn't get it to work. But imma try again now. ^^

The leader of the undead forces would probably still be arthas, since undead are immortal. For the Defenders, you would have to come up with a new one. Since archimonde is dead, it makes sense that the burning legion would have new people ruling it, so you can choose whomever you like for them.

The defenders have a Naga Royal Guard dude hero guy as their leader, whos name is Gogonnash cause I was too lazy to change the name from the Pit lords original. :D I basically suck with heros (as mr.zero already knows. xD), so my heros range from being really creative to being pretty damned bland.

The Undead has Kel'Thuzad, however its him as his old form and old abilites. So, I guess it would be better to change him to Arthas. xD Chaos Like I said earlier, is all new dudes. None of them are very creative either (cept maybe Gosh'Rot whos name sucks bawls.)

If anyone has any hero ideas, (abilities too) for either side UD or Defenders, I'd be glad to accept any and put them in the map. ^^

(+Rep for Paper and Mr.zero for being sexy. ^^)

Oh, and for everyone who'd like to test, it would be better to contact me on AIM which is: WorpeX. I havn't been too active on b.net lately, and neither of you are on my server. :p

Mr Zero

Junior Regular (Got the T-shirt)
Reaction score
WorpeX said:
WOOOO MR.ZERO!!!!!!!! xD xD xD Naw, dont need any triggering help right now, most of what i've been doing lately is balancing, terrain and fixing up heros. But, Later on I might need some help with the Gladiator Arena matches, I tried to do this in my first build of the map (two years ago, though. >.<) and I couldn't get it to work. But imma try again now. ^^

(+Rep for Paper and Mr.zero for being sexy. ^^)

K... Talk to me if you need any help (Bug testing, triggering, ideas, etc.)

(+Rep for you for... hmm........ +rep :nuts:. Anyway +rep :D :p )

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been on in a while, just moved into my new apartment in denver, colorado (from california). Anyways, for the defender's hero, you should make a new one up, just give him a name (or keep the current one), and let him do his stuff. As for a shortened version:

100 years have passed since the last great wars, but Azeroth is still far from peace. Ever since the fall of the Burning Legion, the Horde and the Alliance have been fighting. Lich King Arthas, seeing that both sides were weak, has decided to send his undead armies in a full invasion of Azeroth. Even as Arthas prepares to wipe out the last of the Alliance and the Horde, now known as the Defenders, the Burning Legion uses it's last bit of control over the undead to weaken them. Now they wait, knowing that every warrior that falls makes their future invasion that much easier.

(Tell me if it's still too long)

WorpeX

Reaction score
^^ it was SLIGHTLY too long, but I shortened it. I also reworded it a bit so it didn't sound as RPGish.

100 years have passed since the last great wars, but Azeroth is still far from peace. Since the fall of the Burning Legion, the Horde and the Alliance have been fighting. The undead, seeing that the two sides were weak, have decided to send in a full invasion on the Alliance and the Horde now known as the Defenders.
But, the Burning Legion waits, knowing that every warrior that falls makes their future invasion that much easier.

Looks good though, ^^ i'll use the full version in the quest menu and other places that I can fit it. I'll make sure to post up a version soon once I get some other things done. Most of this is clean up from my old triggers. : /

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.