Compile errors all of a sudden.WEU corrupted my code?

zzyzxroad

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
As of a few days ago, I have about 650 compile errors in my map. Funny thing is, not just this version, but ALL previous versions that I have saved.

Ok, first things first, I am using WEU, and was already told that it could corrupt my map, but all of them? I have reinstalled warcraft and WEU, didnt help.

Also. My map has alot of custom script, and my compile errors start at a line number AFTER the custom script ends. That tells me that the GUI portion is screwing up my coding. I cannot open my map because it has been coded in WEU so long, that there are many triggers that do not work in normal WE.

What are my options? It would be great if I knew what triggers were WEU, and WE so I could at least delete these and see if WE still corrupts my code.

EDIT 1:
I exported my GUI triggers, and WEU will only export the custom script. When I delete the custom script (it cant hurt at this point :D ) I get nothing in my WTG file but those square wingdings. I am going to say that there is a problem with the GUI and WEU.

EDIT 2:
I forgot, I slapped the J in jasscraft, and I only get a few errors. I just checked the latest version, and I get an error in jasscraft that has NEVER been edited in years.

When exporting the triggers from WEU, I get pretty much nothing, but MPQmaster show the file perfectly @1mb or so. I is definitely being corrupted, not me being a bad coder :D

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Best thing I can tell ya, is just post the map, and let someone take a look at it.

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
WEU is notorious at corrupting maps. Sadly, I think it's unrecoverable.

zzyzxroad

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Since there are MANY previous versions saved that worked just fine, I am going to assume they are not yet corrupt. What else can I use to open my map to try to convert the WEU code to custom script, then I can open it up in normal WE.

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Since there are MANY previous versions saved that worked just fine, I am going to assume they are not yet corrupt. What else can I use to open my map to try to convert the WEU code to custom script, then I can open it up in normal WE.

I'd just recommend trashing WEU, reinstalling the game, and then attempting to open an old map.

zzyzxroad

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I'd just recommend trashing WEU, reinstalling the game, and then attempting to open an old map.

Done that, didnt work. I used uninstall proffesional, just to really give the registry a good wipe. The next step would be to reinstall the OS. I will try tommorow on my laptop to see if it works still there, but it doesnt solve my problem how to edit it further.

Also, my map has special triggers for an XP code, an other goodies I would not want to just post on here for the public. So I guess that really narrows my chances at recovery, or a solution.

Basically, I believe that WEU screwed me. I need another way to open this map.

Nerfpl

Reaction score
The next step would be to reinstall the OS. I will try tommorow on my laptop to see if it works still there, but it doesnt solve my problem how to edit it further.
lol really bad way of thinking.

no1 asked yet: did you used Newgen or just normal WE? in worst scenario just hack your map. dont ask how here tho...

btw map optimizers ( i think) dont have to lock your map and yet they can modify something. i would experiment with that too

zzyzxroad

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
lol really bad way of thinking.

no1 asked yet: did you used Newgen or just normal WE? in worst scenario just hack your map. dont ask how here tho...

btw map optimizers ( i think) dont have to lock your map and yet they can modify something. i would experiment with that too
1:WEU
2:Optimizer, could be an option.
3:Hack, the map...what do you mean, its already GUI. no need to hack. plus, I know of a good place if hacking it would be an option somehow. I just dont know what you mean by that.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Attach the map and I will see if I can save it.

zzyzxroad

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
jas error:expected a name

Code:
call AdjustPlayerStateBJ( GetItemGoldCostById(GetItemTypeId(GetManipulatedItem())), GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()), PLAYER_STATE_RESOURCE_GOLD )

here is the corresponding GUI:

Code:
Player - Add (Gold cost of (Item-type of (Item being manipulated))) to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current gold

Also, the text is scrambled somehow:
Code:
Player Group - Pick every player in player_eng and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Game - Display to (Player group((Picked player))) for 10.00 seconds the text: |cff5fb62fUpgrade |...

That SHOULD read:

Code:
Player Group - Pick every player in player_eng and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Game - Display to (Player group((Picked player))) for 10.00 seconds the text: [COLOR="Red"]Boss[/COLOR]

My map is riddled with the wrong dialog text and such.

Also, this isnt the only map, all my maps are corrupt. I mean maps that were in a backup folder that was on another hdd.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.