Complex morph/replace/hide etc.

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
What is a good way of morphing between 11 hero types? Any type can morph into any other one and back again or into a different hero - based on what item you hold. Is it as simple as using Tinker, or Druid morph or chaos?

You pick up an item and morph into the unit type that is set by the item.
There are 7 artifacts (in one warrior class) and 4 Other items (in mover class). Each item sets a variable to a different model.

I've been using an "acquires item = change unit" And it works separatly, but when I try to add the item to replacement hero it creates an infinite loops and crashes.

Any Ideas?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
This requires really a lot of triggering. Using Chaos or any morphing abilities may not give you the best results because somehow, the original ability for the hero will retain.

Using the replace function allows you to change the unit to a whole new type. But you may need to trigger the level of ability learnt, etc... And you may lose the hotkey used for the replaced unit.

Either way has its own pros and cons. But to me, I suggest to not use either :p. Use a different idea?

chovynz

Reaction score
Aheh. This idea is a central/pivotal idea in my map. It must be done!

chovynz

Reaction score
I figured out an Idea that looks like its doing this but actually isnt.

I have two sets of identical items. One set is "fake" the other set is "real". When the "real" items are picked up the triggering unit gets hidden along with the "real" item. All the triggering unit's necessary (level, experience, location) info is put into variables. A New Hero gets created and the necessary info is loaded from the variables. The New Hero is given the "fake" item, so that it doesnt set off any 'acquires "real" item' triggers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.