Computer cases

Lumograph090

Reaction score
I've been looking over all the full towers from New Egg and I really don't even know what to buy anymore.

I'm trying to find a full tower that is all steel / aluminum with as little plastic as possible. The most im willing to pay is 160$.

Anyone who has ever built a PC have any advice or suggestions?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
do you want a clear window to see your parts or not? im assuming not, since the window would be plastic, but im not sure

what graphics card would be going in this?

what CPU cooler if large?

any WC or anything else that would need extra room?

any front-panel preferences?

also why do you need a full tower? most mid-towers are fine, so unless you want like 10 hard drives then there isn't really much reason

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Antec 902; I'm using one now. It's steel, and has brilliant airflow and cooling.
It isn't the best looking of cases though.
It's also a mid tower case, not full tower.

The Cooler Master ATCS 840 is also a great case, and it's full tower. Though it's slightly above your budget. It's also available in two colours.

Lumograph090

Reaction score
do you want a clear window to see your parts or not? im assuming not, since the window would be plastic, but im not sure

what graphics card would be going in this?

what CPU cooler if large?

any WC or anything else that would need extra room?

any front-panel preferences?

also why do you need a full tower? most mid-towers are fine, so unless you want like 10 hard drives then there isn't really much reason

If there is plastic included its not a huge deal I just cant seem to find something with solid reviews worth the price.

I'll be using 2 graphics cards running CrossFireX the cards dimensions are 9.5" x 4.376" x 1.5"
(XFX HD-489X-ZSFC Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card)

The CPU cooler will be a Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme Rev.

What does 'WC' mean? :p

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
water cooled

the video cards aren't exactly very long, so any case should work

still didn't answer - do you want a transparent side window or not?

Lumograph090

Reaction score
water cooled

the video cards aren't exactly very long, so any case should work

still didn't answer - do you want a transparent side window or not?

Aah, I would like to some day upgrade to water cooling, but it isn't a huge issue for me. As for a side transparent window or not, doesn't really matter to me.

I think I might go with the COOLER MASTER COSMOS 1000 RC-1000-KSN1-GP Black/ Silver Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case was checking out video reviews on it @ Coolermaster and it looks like a very solid case.

I'm going to keep checking out other towers. I'm not really in a huge hurry I wont be buying all the components and this tower till early september of this year. So I'm still up to suggestions!

*edit* Well that takes care of that. I'm definitely going to go with the Cosmos 1000.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.