Computer is beeping in object editor

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
Every time I click on a value in the object editor (for example, to change the icon, or a tooltip, or the damage that a spell does), my computer lets out a loud beep. If I use the arrow keys to scroll through a whole bunch of fields, it lets out a long continuous beep. Has this ever happened to anyone, or does anyone know why it happens?

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
It seems as if your keyboard's channels are being nulled. Keyboards have channels that allow you to push more than 1 key at the same time, and if all the channels are being used, the motherboard lets out a beep.

It's either your motherboard, your wc3, or your keyboard.

Worst case scenario would be your motherboard.

Kindof bad scenario would be your registry.

Little bit worse scenario you would have to replace your keyboard.

Best case scenario is your WC3.

Try doing a clean install of WC3.

I don't quite know about the mouse though. Maybe the computer uses the same channels for mouse and for keyboard?

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
It's a recent development, but I don't know how recent. It was fine a few months ago. Still, thx, i'll try reinstalling anyways.

I just turned off the beep through modifying the beep in computer management, but does it mean it's harming my computer every time I use the object editor?

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
The motherboard beep can help you determine if something is wrong. The beep is much like binary code. There will be a small series of rapid and slow beeps (may vary from 1-5) which... Well I've only heard of that once.

It's to notify what's going on and if your computer can handle it.
I would think that it will stress your computer if the computer is notifying you, but of course computers can have all sorts of things wrong with them. Try doing a full clean on your computer using a program such as CCleaner. Most likely it's a registry error which this program should fix.

canons200

Reaction score
No, i face that problem before, that is world editor lag. so just simple go to your main editor, where you can see file, edit, view, layer, select the window(next to the module) and untick the brush list. then you will see the different.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.