[Concept] Creating a UAV-like game

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Unmaned Ariel Vechiles are becoming the next big thing in most modern-militaries. And of course, they look pretty cool.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=151_1210284873

Creating something like similar to that wouldn't be hard, in fact here's a very basic concept model. I made it in 15 minutes; obviously if I were to do this project I would spend more time with each model.
Exaughterated the amount of windows..but oh well, first draft eh?

sandhouse01cl2.jpg

Anyway, I think there is a light gameplay possiblity with being a commander of ariel attacks, and being a commander of ground troops.

There would be two teams; in each team it's further split up into Ground Controller and Air Controller.

The ground controller would keep control of units. He can also request aireil attacks; which would have a shorter cooldown if requested.
Ground troops would have basic commands; seek shelter, advance, and Caution.
Seek Shelter would order units to garrison nearby buildings, in the event of enemy aerial attack.
Advance would cause your units to 'sprint' while firing at any nearby enemies.
Caution would slow your units down greatly, but at the benefit of increased accuracy.

The aerial controller would be able to rain down artillery, .50 cal, missiles, intelligence for the ground troops, and such. It is impossible to damage/attack enemy Aerial Controller.

Victory could come in many different game modes; from capture the flag, Risk, or to a plain ol' death match.

However, I am a bit of a nutty over some military stuff. Anyone else think a map like this would be a good idea?

EDIT: Before some stupid users comment, no team would be "the good guys" and no team would be "the bad guys". This isn't USA omgarazrz VS lulz suand peiple or anything like that. It would simply take place in a less than wet environment.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
You just posted it today. :p But I'm back now, and I like it. :D

Btw, it's aerial. ;) Hm... would the aerial commander only view from the UAV camera-type? or would he still be able to air units normally?

Sounds cool! This is certainly a sorta' new thing for WCIII, so good luck! :thup:

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Aerial controllers would simply be "an eye in the sky". however, putting them on slow turning uav could create some interesting moments (unable to provide support as the uav is too far away to view the fight as an example)

They would have a list of abilities that would rain down destruction, each with a long cooldown time.

When someone on the ground requests something, the cooldown on the item requested is decreased.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.