Conflicting X/Y - Which Icon Moves?

Goober4473

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I want to give two unit buttons the same X/Y location, so that if only one is made available, there isn't a lame looking hole between two things, and when both are available, one moves over automatically. This works fine, except in one case, the lower level unit's icon gets moved over, which looks weird. Usually the higher level unit, which I created later, is moved over, but not in this one case, also where the higher level unit was created later.

So what determines which icon moves? Is is alphabetical? Random? Something else?

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
I can't answer you that, but I would recommend just creating two copies of either one abilities and just add the alternate button position if the unit already has the other ability.

Goober4473

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I would do that, but I have an absurd number of units potentially being trained from each building, and I really don't want to make copies of a bunch of them, and then check all the conditions udner which I would use the copy, or use the other copy if three units conflict a position, etc..

It's not too much of a big deal, since units won't move around like say upgrades do, since they aren't deactivated once trained. Just some polish that would be nice if it's not too much of a pain.

Bird

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
So what determines which icon moves? Is is alphabetical? Random? Something else?
I'm not sure what field you are using.. Units Trained, or Units Sold... either way... try just switching the order of them in the List.

This is how Items work in a Shop (Items Sold field) - whichever one is listed first gets priority.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.