[Contest] Official Christmas Spell Contest

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Anyway, I just saw that Rheias is the 2nd Judge.
I'm glad we have a 2nd judge now, compared to the last contest which didn't have a 2nd judge.

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
> o_O Smith_S9 has just said a keyword/sentence that would cause emjlr3 to delete that/those posts.

Delete? My friend, this is DA spam thread, Smith's post is more than ok compared to other ones here that passed.

> Anyway, I just saw that Rheias is the 2nd Judge.

Yes, I'm giving emljr3 a hand and helping him judge the submissions. :)

darkRae

Reaction score
So is commenting on other contestants' spell like that allowed?
(pointing out mistakes, this could be counted as helping)
Or you don't have the power to allow/disallow it and only emjlr3 has?

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
> o_O Smith_S9 has just said a keyword/sentence that would cause emjlr3 to delete that/those posts.

Delete? My friend, this is DA spam thread, Smith's post is more than ok compared to other ones here that passed.

> Anyway, I just saw that Rheias is the 2nd Judge.

Yes, I'm giving emljr3 a hand and helping him judge the submissions. :)

yea ive decided to just sort of let ppl post, unless they are blatantly retarded

and thank god we have a second judge, this time I only take 1/4 the blame when people lose, :)

@DarkRae
you can comment on people spells, but no grading or bashing, if you unintentionally help someone fix their spell, then so be it :)

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> we have a second judge, this time I only take 1/4 the blame

Nice math :p

** I am Acehart, I am always..right.....

1/2 = Voting
1/4 = Judge #1
1/4 = Judge #2

Yours,

emjlr3

darkRae

Reaction score
> you can comment on people spells, but no grading or bashing, if you unintentionally help someone fix their spell, then so be it

What is 'it' here? :)
The second I saw AceHart posted here, I thought he was going to submit his spell for the contest :p

**It being the fact the you unintentionally helped someone's spell

Yours,

emjlr3

Oo Meaning I've helped a people where a people shouldn't be helped by anyway in creating his/her spell?
That means I shouldn't point out people's mistakes.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Hmmm, in the other spell contest organised by the big green guy (I'm too lazy to spell that name :p), it was no problem to get comments... he was doing that himself :eek:.

darkRae

Reaction score
That's because it was his Spell Contest and he was the judge.
There's no way a judge cannot give comments.
I was hesitating because my post maybe considered as helping someone in his/her spell.

I'm surprised to find someone is lazier to spell 'emjlr3' than 'the big green guy'
It's 3 times the length anyway.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Well, there were others giving out advices as well. Meh, w/e :p.

And I'm to lazy to remember how his name is spelt xD. I always have to take a look at one of his posts :p.

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
You guys really don't understand the concept of "help", do you?
It doesn't freaking matter if you tell someone how to fix his or her code.

And I'm still idea-less.

Edit: I lied; I might just have gotten an idea:
Arctic Necrosis (better name pending...)

Creates X graves of restless souls randomly in target area. Souls from these graves will jump around from grave to grave, chilling and damaging all units along their path. Lasts Y seconds. (Channeling, maybe)​
So imagine those fountain things at amusement parks where the water jumps from hole to hole. Except with a frozen breath effect and some explosions around it.

darkRae

Reaction score
Do you the know minimum level of spell required to cast the spell?
Yes, level one(1). Level zero(0) means the unit don't have the ability or haven't learned it.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
You guys really don't understand the concept of "help", do you?
It doesn't freaking matter if you tell someone how to fix his or her code.

And I'm still idea-less.

Edit: I lied; I might just have gotten an idea:
Arctic Necrosis (better name pending...)

Creates X graves of restless souls randomly in target area. Souls from these graves will jump around from grave to grave, chilling and damaging all units along their path. Lasts Y seconds. (Channeling, maybe)​
So imagine those fountain things at amusement parks where the water jumps from hole to hole. Except with a frozen breath effect and some explosions around it.

Sexy Idea. I like it.
Just might want to add some slow effect to the damage (Maybe some custom stackable slow)

Gwypaas

hook DoNothing MakeGUIUsersCrash
Reaction score
I want to join the contest. Ive already started to code a bit on the spell but nothing real. This will be my first Jass made spell so im not going to win but I want to see what the public thinks about it :D

If you wanna know my spell is:
The caster starts focusing power into a orb at the right hand
Then it releases and forces him backwards and forcing the target up and backwards. And on the way moving to the target the spell shots out small ice shards but I haven't decided yet if they should be in circles or alone :p

I hope you likes my idea.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Ok well I've been grounded for a week, and still am until after school tomorrow, so i need to rush, if i even get it in. But i think i will :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.