• September 30th

Votes: 15 88.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
i forgot of this... :eek: well then count me out i have not time to continue my race

PiCkstix

Reaction score
Is there still space for me to sign up?

I would like to...

And when's the deadline?

If I can, please sign me up... :D

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Lol i think this might be dead, the deadline was sept 30 then it changed to something and then nobody replied for a while.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, if Anman doesn't reply soon someone else might just become the "judge" and run the contest, although reviewing a whole race is not that easy.

Or I will close it.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Do you need help with the outline? Like what is required, expectations, grading system, etc.? I could help if you like :p

esb

Reaction score
If you like, I could take over. I have enough time in my hand to test and rate each race one by one (Might take a while though). I have a new different outline, being more specific.
Custom Race Contest #1
Approved by:

Contestants will be challenged to their max capacity in order to create a unique, new race for Warcraft III. They should be able to compete at least with the melee races already in the game.

Prize:
  • The winner of this contest gets reputation points from esb and whomever else wants to.

Custom Race Contest Rules:
  • The custom race must be done entirely by you.
  • The race you enter must be made specially for this contest. (So you can't use other races you've done in the past)
  • Imports are not allowed. (Do not worry about hero glow) (This rule may change)
  • Your race must be balanced and competent against melee races.
  • You may only submit 1 Custom Race.
  • Do not submit protected maps.
  • If you are using triggers in your map, they must be leak-free. GUI and JASS will be treated equally (No extra points over the other)
  • Do not ask for "Ideas", "Help" or any other kind of assistance. Must be original.
  • Must have a variety of units. Not a one-man-army. Does not need to have the default units (1 melee, 1 ranged, 1 heavy melee, 1 heavy ranged, 1 air, 1 heavy air, etc.) But it does need to be able to counter melee, ranged, sieged, magic, etc.
  • Must have at least 3 levels for the "Town Hall/Great Hall/Necropolis/Tree of Life"

Thread Rules:
  • No bashing.
  • No comments on another contestant's race until voting begins.
  • You do not NEED to sign up to submit a custom race. It would help if you did though. But if you are at the last minute submitting a race, you may do so.
  • After you submit your race, you may edit it as long as it is before the deadline

Grading:

Balance - 20 points
  • Is it possible for me to play against a melee computer at any level and at least win, or have difficulty winning? Is strategy necessary? Is it missing something like a hero, ranged unit, or something like an anti-air?

Originality 25 points
  • Even if it is based on an already known race like the naga, are all the units different? Or is it just a bunch of creeps trained by a Gnoll Hut?

Abilities 30 Points
  • What makes this race different from any other? Do the abilities fit with the race theme? Are they all custom? Do the descriptions match the icon and effects? If they use triggers, are the triggers MUI? Memory-Leak Free?

Models10 points
  • Do the models match the name? Are the models creative and use Tints, Scaling Value, and have default abilities like Spheres(BloodMage)? (Not all models need this, but try to be creative as possible.

Heroes10 points
  • Does your custom race have at least 4 heroes, with 3 regular abilities and 1 ultimate?

Units10 points
  • Is there a variety of units, such as Melee, Ranged, Magic, Siege, etc.? Do they fit your race's original theme?

Resources10 points
  • Does your race use the default Wood and gold resources, or do they have custom, unique, and creative ways of gathering a resource, and what resource it is.

Upgrades10 points
  • How will your race succeed and get stronger against your opponent? Are the upgrade like the default ones (Click and go) or are the custom, or different way of gaining stats?

Deadline:
  • The Deadline will be announced at a later date, when we have more active contestants.

Judges:
    esb: General (Object Editor, Theme, Creativity, etc.), In-game playability, GUI Triggering. (If two or more people would like to be judges, please contact me. Judges MIGHT be able to participate in the contest if they like, but they will not be able to rate/score themselves.
    NEED: JASS Triggers (If any)

Good Luck to the contestants!
    Suggestions, questions, and comments are accepted!

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
If you like, I could take over. I have enough time in my hand to test and rate each race one by one (Might take a while though). I have a new different outline, being more specific.
Custom Race Contest #1
Approved by:

Contestants will be challenged to their max capacity in order to create a unique, new race for Warcraft III. They should be able to compete at least with the melee races already in the game.

Prize:
  • The winner of this contest gets reputation points from esb and whomever else wants to.

Custom Race Contest Rules:
  • The custom race must be done entirely by you.
  • The race you enter must be made specially for this contest. (So you can't use other races you've done in the past)
  • Imports are not allowed. (Do not worry about hero glow) (This rule may change)
  • Your race must be balanced and competent against melee races.
  • You may only submit 1 Custom Race.
  • Do not submit protected maps.
  • If you are using triggers in your map, they must be leak-free. GUI and JASS will be treated equally (No extra points over the other)
  • Do not ask for "Ideas", "Help" or any other kind of assistance. Must be original.
  • Must have a variety of units. Not a one-man-army. Does not need to have the default units (1 melee, 1 ranged, 1 heavy melee, 1 heavy ranged, 1 air, 1 heavy air, etc.) But it does need to be able to counter melee, ranged, sieged, magic, etc.
  • Must have at least 3 levels for the "Town Hall/Great Hall/Necropolis/Tree of Life"

Thread Rules:
  • No bashing.
  • No comments on another contestant's race until voting begins.
  • You do not NEED to sign up to submit a custom race. It would help if you did though. But if you are at the last minute submitting a race, you may do so.
  • After you submit your race, you may edit it as long as it is before the deadline

Grading:

Balance - 20 points
  • Is it possible for me to play against a melee computer at any level and at least win, or have difficulty winning? Is strategy necessary? Is it missing something like a hero, ranged unit, or something like an anti-air?

Originality 25 points
  • Even if it is based on an already known race like the naga, are all the units different? Or is it just a bunch of creeps trained by a Gnoll Hut?

Abilities 30 Points
  • What makes this race different from any other? Do the abilities fit with the race theme? Are they all custom? Do the descriptions match the icon and effects? If they use triggers, are the triggers MUI? Memory-Leak Free?

Models10 points
  • Do the models match the name? Are the models creative and use Tints, Scaling Value, and have default abilities like Spheres(BloodMage)? (Not all models need this, but try to be creative as possible.

Heroes10 points
  • Does your custom race have at least 4 heroes, with 3 regular abilities and 1 ultimate?

Units10 points
  • Is there a variety of units, such as Melee, Ranged, Magic, Siege, etc.? Do they fit your race's original theme?

Resources10 points
  • Does your race use the default Wood and gold resources, or do they have custom, unique, and creative ways of gathering a resource, and what resource it is.

Upgrades10 points
  • How will your race succeed and get stronger against your opponent? Are the upgrade like the default ones (Click and go) or are the custom, or different way of gaining stats?

Deadline:
  • The Deadline will be announced at a later date, when we have more active contestants.

Judges:
    esb: General (Object Editor, Theme, Creativity, etc.), In-game playability, GUI Triggering. (If two or more people would like to be judges, please contact me. Judges MIGHT be able to participate in the contest if they like, but they will not be able to rate/score themselves.
    NEED: JASS Triggers (If any)

Good Luck to the contestants!
    Suggestions, questions, and comments are accepted!

>[*]Imports are not allowed. (Do not worry about hero glow) (This rule may change)

You kidding, right? No imports? We can't make a new race without a few of them.

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
I agree with Napa, I mean I wanted to make a Goblin race....THERE ARE ONLY 5 GOBLIN UNITS IN WC3!!!! I had about 20 some imports on my map o_O

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Yes the original rules allowed imports, I think you wont get very good races like this, maybe chaos orc or draenei. Allow imports please,

duyen

Reaction score
Once I start getting submissions I post deadline. And yes custom models are allowed.

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
>>If you are using triggers in your map, they must be leak-free. GUI and JASS will be treated equally (No extra points over the other)

I totally agree with that rule. Otherwise, people who know JASS would pawn all GUI triggerers (including me), since JASS can do much more than GUI.

esb

Reaction score
Oh, sorry about the confusion, my outline was just an example of how it can be sorted out. :p
but looks like Anman is still hosting this contest.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This contest needs some activity.

Otherwise, 2 days from now I am going to close it.

I

iAmKablam

Fair enough

Mine will be finished in a few more days, but I don't think many people are still working on this. I'd still like to see everyone's races though, if you do finish them.

Aloha

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.