Tutorial Converting Expansion maps to Reign of Chaos

SnowCrow

Reaction score
What if I just want to convert a couple of TFT triggers into RoC, could I just extract them and then import them to the map without doing it to all the files?

S

Scourgey

So, what are the limitations of this? Is it possible to import everything, including new spells from tft?

Leo

Reaction score
Using just the method described here you can use nearly everything in RoC, with the exception of TFT art, models, and spells.

If you want to use TFT spells your going to have to find all the relevent TFT spell files and import them separately into your map.

Tonks

Reaction score
What if I just want to convert a couple of TFT triggers into RoC, could I just extract them and then import them to the map without doing it to all the files?

As far as I am aware, all FT Jass functions are also available in RoC. You can try converting your triggers into Jass and copying them to your RoC map.

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Great Tut, I've used this in ALOT of maps so far and I plan to use this method for EVERY map from here on. I'll give you credit as much as I can
+ Rep too =)

Tonks

Reaction score
Great Tut, I've used this in ALOT of maps so far and I plan to use this method for EVERY map from here on. I'll give you credit as much as I can
+ Rep too =)

You don't need to give me credit unless you really want to. I don't even give myself credit in my maps. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the positive feedback, though. :)

I

IKilledKEnny

Nice tutorial

> Vexorian's Map Optimizer

Why don't you give a link?

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
oh... click the open button and locate your map (Usuall C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps

I

imalazyloser

Bump + umm i download the file but when i try to run it i cant...

Grommo

Reaction score
Something wry...

BuMP!! (oops)

Hi there, you make very good tutorials Tonks, but ive got a problem with this one ... I was editing a .w3m map a bit, and then suddenly the editor told me something like "this map uses custom scripts, it can no longer be saved in ROC format" and I had to save it as .w3x (expansion). So i wanted to convert it back to roc, and i followed your tutorial step by step, by extracting all the files, and importing them into an emptied .w3m with WinMPQ. But when i try to open the map with world editor it says "This version is not supported" and the map doesnt show up in the maplist in game. Please help <3

EDIT: NVM! I understand what i did wrong! :D The editor cant open expansion files, and the map was called "just another warcraft 3 map" in game. I need to name the "empty" .w3m to what i want the map to be called! THANKS For this tutorial! :D

I

iPlayDotaNud

Ok i recently used this method to convert a tft map to roc, but i got a weird side effect. You can recreate this weird side effect by doing the following: open up the ladder map Lost Temple (the roc version not tft version) with world editor and add a custom unit blood mage (to make it a tft map). now save that map somewhere, then open it with winmpq and extract the files and put them into a blank roc map.

now this map works on roc, but when u play it the undead acolytes have only 180 hp and they should have 220 hp, like they always do in ladder. if you open the map in world edit and look in object editor it shows there that acolyte maximum hp is 220. yet, when u play it the max hp is 180. very strange.

and its not just the 40 hp on the acolyte i am worried about, its that theres probably a bunch of other small differences, and i just happened to notice the acolyte hp. this map im trying to make is supposed to be the ladder map lost temple, with anti maphack triggers that make the map a tft map, so i want all the default units to have normal stats like in roc ladder.

does anyone know how to fix this?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Those differences sound like the regular differences between RoC and TFT maps in general....

I

iPlayDotaNud

nope, acolytes in tft have 220 hp also. and lots of other differences between roc and tft are as they should be, for example in this map knights have 800 base hitpoints (normal roc amount) and the normal tft amount is 835.

lol

Reaction score
umm... hi guys i m new in these forums ^^
i tried the WinMPQ and this is what i've done:
i waz editing a map to take out the cheats in it (gold cheat and kick out of game cheat)
i edited it and saved but it saved as a .w3x file ("scenario - extension" NOT just "scenario")
so when it saved it waznt appearing on the war3 custom game cration list
so then i googled it up and i came here
i followed ALL the istructions and i extacted and added the files to the "blank" .w3m file
now with the new .w3m file i cannot edit this map with the editor, i keep gettin the message "map version is unsopported"
does any1 has a soloution?

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
Umm do you have RoC or TFT.

You only use this method once the map is finalised! You can't open it in world editor after you follow this procedure, so always keep a backup.

Sheam

Reaction score
Now I just need to remember all the TFT-Tagged content that's in my RoC map.. -.-

Is there any simple way of doing that?

Or did I misunderstand and that's already been explained? If-so, sorry.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.