Tutorial Converting Expansion maps to Reign of Chaos

Leo

Reaction score
HLW RoC aren't epic size....they are quite small.

ALso Tonks, this method doesnt protect the map. I was able to open the repackaged map in World Editor. This may be because I have Tft, you may have gotten the error since you only have RoC?

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
What does epic size have to do with anything? :p

Leo

Reaction score
It was the whole point of what i was trying to do lol. Normally in world editor, the RoC the map size limit is 192x192. In TfT it is 256X256. Using this method you can do maps of up to 256x256.

HLW RoC having lots of stuff in it has nothing do to do with this method. The file is so big big because of custom loading screen and all the TFT models they imported into it. All this can be done in RoC without using the method Tonks described in the original post.

Exide

Reaction score
Actually, no. It wasn't the whole point. :p
The whole point was that SFilip thought Tonk's technique might not work.
And that's when I brought up HLW, as an example that it DOES work. (In some cases. :p)

Leo

Reaction score
Except that HLW probably wasn't done using this technique (unless you know the editors and can prove otherwise). The things in HLW RoC can be done using previously known RoC spell editing methods and by importing TFt models...nothing special.

Also you said that,
"But a tiny bird whispered in my ear once, that this is how the 'HLW RoC' maps are made. (And as we all know, HLW RoC is almost as big as Dota for Reign of Chaos!)"

You can make RoC maps as big as TfT maps without doing anything special...The file size is limited by Bnet, and I'm pretty sure the file size limit wasnt changed from RoC editor to TfT editor.

Exide

Reaction score
Please, read my posts or stop talking already. :nuts:

Leo

Reaction score
I read all your posts, and responded to every comment you made. Perhaps you should read my posts more closely.

I was pointing out that the making of HLW RoC has nothing to do with this method and is not a good example to use, something you seem not to understand...unless of course you know the editors and can tell me that they used this method. I also pointed out that file size was irrelevent.

Exide

Reaction score
Just because you refuse to stop writing these stupid posts I am going to answer. And I am going to answer as if you were a child, so that you might understand.

This here is the first post I wrote. Incase you forgot:
"Yea, I believe it works (for most of the times.)
I have never tried it, though.
But a tiny bird whispered in my ear once, that this is how the 'HLW RoC' maps are made. (And as we all know, HLW RoC is almost as big as Dota for Reign of Chaos!)
-Impressive!"

With the first line:
"Yea, I believe it works (for most of the times.)"
I meant: I am quite sure that your (Tonks') techinque works. But sometimes it might not work, depending on what you are trying to import.

Second line:
"I have never tried it, though."
Means: I have never done this myself, but I believe it works. Why? You will see in the third line..

Third line:
"But a tiny bird whispered in my ear once, that this is how the 'HLW RoC' maps are made. (And as we all know, HLW RoC is almost as big as Dota for Reign of Chaos!)"
A tiny bird nicknamed Froggyoggy on Battle.net. Told me that this is how the 'HLW RoC' maps are made. -You see, they make them in the same way. Same, similar, identical, get it?
HLW RoC is almost as big as Dota. Not in file or map size.. I don't know what made you think that? What I meant was: It is almost as popular.

Last line:
"-Impressive!"
Yes, isn't it?

Now. How has any of this got anything to do with your epic maps or me not understanding? (Except the fact that it has nothing to do with epic sized maps, but you are trying to make it a point, of course.)
-If you hadn't responded to my posts, the world would've been a happier place, I'm sure.

I think that's it. Could someone please clean up in this poor thread a little?

EDIT: Forgot to color last reply.

Leo

Reaction score
Here's the problem...

When you made the comment about HLW RoC. I assumed you were talking about size of map/file size, cause you made this comment immediately after my posts about size of map. There was no way I could understand that by "big" you meant popular in the context, and you also didn't address the post to any particularly person, so I assumed you were responding to most recent posts.

Sorry about the misunderstanding - your original post just wasn't clear.

Also, Tonks since you like to do RoC editing, have you figured out a way to edit advanced game constants in RoC, I think I may try that with this method later.

Tonks

Reaction score
Also, Tonks since you like to do RoC editing, have you figured out a way to edit advanced game constants in RoC, I think I may try that with this method later.

I've figured out how to do anything possible in TFT, and a bit more. Though, by advanced Game Constants, I'm not sure what you mean.
If you read my tutorial, you may figure out what you want. It explains how to edit the map files with WinMPQ.

i just dont understand the guide

Again, what's not to understand? It's a step-by-step process. There is no individualistic thinking involved.

Exide, please don't respond to Leo anymore, arguments are pointless. Feel free to post anything else you find out about this, though. :)

Leo

Reaction score
I've figured out how to do anything possible in TFT, and a bit more. Though, by advanced Game Constants, I'm not sure what you mean.
If you read my tutorial, you may figure out what you want. It explains how to edit the map files with WinMPQ.

By Advanced Game Constants I mean under the Advanced Tab - Game Constants, its only available in TFT

It's where you can adjust things such as max hero level.

I assumed it can be done by MPQ editing, though I guess my real question is, which file in the MPQ contains the game constants information?

Tonks

Reaction score
By Advanced Game Constants I mean under the Advanced Tab - Game Constants, its only available in TFT

It's where you can adjust things such as max hero level.

I assumed it can be done by MPQ editing, though I guess my real question is, which file in the MPQ contains the game constants information?

Ah, I think Chocobo told me once, or maybe Virgin.. I'll search for it tonight, and get back to ya.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
I never read all the way through because I have to go to bed soon, but couldn't you just import all the TFT models/spells you used into a RoC map???

Tonks

Reaction score
I never read all the way through because I have to go to bed soon, but couldn't you just import all the TFT models/spells you used into a RoC map???

That's what this guide tells you how to do. Note that you cannot do that with the Import Manager, or it makes it TFT again.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.