Countdown Timers Grrr

M

Mirithal

I can't for the life of me get my countdown timer window to show up and actually countdown, can anyone offer me help?

I first had a trigger set up so that it goes off 30 after the game starts, then it did these actions:

start countdown clock (the elapsed or erroding time or whatever it is option, the only other choice besides last started countdown timer) and put in 900 seconds for 15 minutes

then "create countdown clock window - last started countdown clock"

then even "show countdown clock window - last created countdown clock window"

and nothing happens, ive fiddled with it a million times, even made it go off at map innitialization and just put a 30 second wait in the actions area. nothing works, no countdown clock window ever pops up and it's driving me nuts. It's the one thing keeping me from completion of the map, please help.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Just remember to wait a second or two after the game starts, i think things can stuff up if u start a timer at the very start

make sure you are doing all these things:

start <last started timer> ..........
create timer window for <last started timer> ............
show <last created timer window> ........... <= its either that or its show last started timer, cant remember off the top of my head

remember timers do NOT do any waiting. You need to add a wait action in to wait the length of the timer.

J

jbob2000

you need to create a preset clock by using a variable with a type of Timer. The inition value of the clock should be 30 since thats the time that you want.

im not to good with these things either. i've seen other maps with timers, and they use variables to start them off. This may not work but give it a try

jbob2000

U

Unregistered

forgot to reply, but i had figured it out, and it was the fact i wasnt using a variable. Still dont really understand variables yet, but im having a killer time fooling around with the tools

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.