Environment Countries in tug-of-war over Arctic resources

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
One of the planet's most fragile and pristine ecosystems sits atop a bounty of untapped fossil fuels.

Melting polar ice is making the Arctic more accessible to shipping and other industry.

The U.S. Geological Survey estimates that 90 billion barrels of oil, 44 billion barrels of natural gas liquids and 1,670 trillion cubic feet of natural gas are recoverable in the frozen region north of the Arctic Circle.

And the fight over who owns those resources may turn out to be the most important territorial dispute of this century. Russia, Canada, the United States, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland and Finland all have a stake in the Arctic's icy real estate.

More.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Here comes another war?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I think we should go drill Antarctica.

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
And the fight over who owns those resources may turn out to be the most important territorial dispute of this century. Russia, Canada, the United States, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland and Finland all have a stake in the Arctic's icy real estate.

Thank goodness my country doesn't give a shit.

Asehujiko

Reaction score
Russia, Canada, the United States, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland and Finland all have a stake in the Arctic's icy real estate.

The US shouldn't be on that list, the only claim they have involves denying Canada's existence.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
If a war starts out people in Australia are screwed, we always help America in wars so we are pretty much on that list. I doubt a war will start though.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
If a war starts out people in Australia are screwed, we always help America in wars so we are pretty much on that list. I doubt a war will start though.

So do like fifty other countries. Ukraine, Israel, Taiwan is supposed to but I don't know if they do, Britain, ect.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.