Reaction score
This application has encountered a critical error:

FATAL ERROR!

Program: C:\WarcraftIII\War3.exe
Exception: 0xC00000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:6F095B15

The instruction at '0x6F09B15' referenced memory at '0x00000008'
The memory could not be 'read'

Press OK to terminate the application

---- From the wording it sounds like a memory leak or something like that.

Can anyone help me?

DuckieKing

Elitist Through and Through
Reaction score

WorpeX

Reaction score
its random man. It always happens on a hero death, but it only happens like 1 out of every 15 deaths or something like that.

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
a pointer variable is pointing at the wrong place... Check your trigger.

and never to do with memory leaks, unless it is so bad that it overran the heap.

WorpeX

Reaction score
Im not exactly sure how you'd go about fixing that...

Here take a look at the hero death trigger - What would be a pointer variable?

Code:
Revive Hero Copy
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        (Hero level of (Dying unit)) Greater than or equal to 6
        (Hero level of (Dying unit)) Less than or equal to 15
        ((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    Actions
        Player - Add (25 x (Hero level of (Dying unit))) to (Owner of (Killing unit)) Current gold
        Hero - Set (Dying unit) Hero-level to ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) - 1), Hide level-up graphics
        Game - Display to Playerss the text: (Player_Colors[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + (((Name of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + ( ( + ((Name of (Killing unit)) + ) ))) + (ColorEnd + ( has killed  + (Player_Colors[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] + (((Name of (Owner of (Dyi
        Game - Display to Playerss the text: (Player_Colors[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] + ((Name of (Owner of (Dying unit))) + (ColorEnd + ( will revive + (Player_Colors[7] + (  + ((String((Hero level of (Dying unit)))) + (ColorEnd +  seconds.))))))))
        Wait (Real((Hero level of (Dying unit)))) seconds
        Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Dying unit)) to ((Owner of (Dying unit)) start location) over 0.00 seconds
        Camera - Pan camera for (Matching player) to ((Matching player) start location) over 0.00 seconds
        Hero - Instantly revive (Dying unit) at ((Owner of (Dying unit)) start location), Show revival graphics

Note: I have 2 other triggers similar to this one, the first one would be for heros less than level 5. That trigger just doesn't have the losing a level event. The other is for levels 16+ and it has a -2 level trigger instead of -1.

Also, Playerss is just your basic players variable.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> Camera - Pan camera for (Matching player) to ((Matching player) start location) over 0.00 seconds

Matching player? :rolleyes:

Matching xxxxx goes with a filter condition in a player/unit group picking.

WorpeX

Reaction score
Is that bad? I mean, it works the way its intended to work. It pans to the correct place for both players.

How would I do that better? Using an actual location and an If/than/that statement? (IE: If owner of dieing unit is in unitgroup than pan to xxxx if not than do nothing. ect..)

WorpeX

Reaction score
Bump... Again...

Its cool that multiple people helped me out, but can someone help out more than once so I can ask questions and get answers to them?

Thanks...

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just remove the line with (Matching player). According to your comments, it works as intended, but it will actually do it twice. Plus an empty filter can lead to desyncs...

WorpeX

Reaction score
OH, i understand. I completely overlooked the fact that they both did the same thing. heh.

And im really not with all this jargon so I have no idea what your talking about with the last part. : / sorry.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.