Creeps respawn

BruteBrutal

Reaction score
How do I get creeps that are set on a specific location to respawn after a certain time period?

And also (instead of creating a third thread seems a bit of greedy) how do I set specific XP gain for each unit or unit-group? Need to be able to balance the XP-gain more.

Tamisrah

Reaction score
1) You will need some kind of creep revival system. If you like to do it on your own you will have to consider some things:
you need to store unittype and position for every creep, you might want to consider the camp affiiliation of the creeps, do you want to spawn creeps after a specific amount of time, do you want to avoid creeps respawning while a player is watching

2) If you want to have unittype or even unit specific XP-gain you have to trigger it.

Code:
Event - A unit Dies
Action - Hero - Add Experience Hashtable[TriggerUnitType]

BruteBrutal

Reaction score
Is there no trigger that allow a unit to respawn at the same location as he is created? Seem to be a very commonly used trigger in almost every map. Take only Dota neutrals.. even if they also randomize the spawning creeps.

laxperson808

Reaction score
yes a creep respawn trigger;
you need to do a few things
FIRSTLY at map INT you need to save the location of every unit wether a point or 2 int varibles is up to u note this should be
pick every unit in group
I (a int var starting at o) = I +1
custom value of dying unit = I
P (point array) = location of picked unit
kk thats done

next
A unit dies
dying unit is owned by player X
AND dying unit is not summoned
wait X seconds
Create 1 unit type of dying unit at Point [custom value of dying unt]
custom value of last created unit = custom value of dying unit

Danis[h]

Reaction score
yes a creep respawn trigger;
you need to do a few things
FIRSTLY at map INT you need to save the location of every unit wether a point or 2 int varibles is up to u note this should be
pick every unit in group
I (a int var starting at o) = I +1
custom value of dying unit = I
P (point array) = location of picked unit
kk thats done

next
A unit dies
dying unit is owned by player X
AND dying unit is not summoned
wait X seconds
Create 1 unit type of dying unit at Point [custom value of dying unt]
custom value of last created unit = custom value of dying unit

since the trigger code has a wait action you may want to use triggering unit instead of dying, or save the unit to a local variable?

shady

Reaction score
I use this trigger on my map:

Trigger:
  • revive Akama
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Neutral Hostile Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Dying unit) Equal to Eararanduil 0444 <gen>
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 220.00 seconds
          • Hero - Instantly revive Eararanduil 0444 <gen> at (Center of Region 022 <gen>), Show revival graphics
        • Else - Actions

but you can make it that way

Trigger:
  • revive [this is hand write]
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Neutral Hostile Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Dying unit) Equal to your chosen units
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait ** seconds
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Neutral Hostile) and do (Hero - Instantly revive (Picked unit) at (Center of chosen Region), Hide revival graphics)
        • Else - Actions

i may be wrong somewhere, but it's good enough for spawn units

TomTTT

Reaction score
is DotA using creep respawn? Don't it just create every certain amount of time a few creeps in the base or however you want to call it and sends it? Cause it's not making a creep respawn at the place he died, like ORPGs are using, but simply creating a unit again at a starting spot. for that it's pretty simple.
Periodic event of like 10 sec, create unit facing angle, then choose number and type, and then in another trigger - unit enters region, issue order targeting a point... attack-move to...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.