Modelpack Crypt Doodad

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
I made this crypt doodad a while back, does anyone have a use for it? I remember some threads popping up about walk-in houses the other week..

crypt1.jpg

crypt2.jpg

(the roof textures are kind of stretched but the doodad serves its purpose)

EDIT : I have attached the map that the crypt is in, so you can cut/paste the pathing blockers and basic triggers (this triggers will need to be adjusted to better suit ur map but it gives a basic idea).

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I made this crypt doodad a while back, does anyone have a use for it? I remember some threads popping up about walk-in houses the other week..

crypt1.jpg

crypt2.jpg

(the roof textures are kind of stretched but the doodad serves its purpose)

why not?you can use it for many types of maps....:) and getting inside is very good i mean you don't have building in w3 to enter ...its only visual but this is very good ,btw can you give me link for that i want that dude :p

MurderMode

Reaction score
ok thanks, I have attached the map file the model is in, people should be able to extract it all ok?

Its in 2 main parts - The walls and the roof. It uses line of sight blockers to give it that indoor feeling and it has another doodad model, a black rectangle, to place on top of the walls coz I did a dodgey job of lining up the pillars and it looks ugly without it (lol damn you gmax)

It lines up well with ground textures so I removed the ugly floor, but the floor is still in the map tho incase u want to use it. It can also be rotated. Hope people find it useful :)

(ps. if it looks ugly in your game u might be able to scale its size down a bit)

Oh and I don't have a use for it becoz I just made it as a practice model to see if I could do walk-in buildings, and I believe I can do better then that now I know.

Also if having walk-in buildings is necessary for your map and you have something you want made, make a request and if I have the time I'll see what I can whip up

Zedzy

ℑΣÐℑΨ
Reaction score
I think it looks excellent! When I tested it in-game I found that you could see through the left and right walls lol.

Anyways, it's a great model and would be perfect for alot of undead maps. +rep

MurderMode

Reaction score
Holy crap you are right! I just tested that... when I made it i only tested up to the back wall :mad: I think if you double up the line of sight blockers then it drastically reduces the distance you can see outside. Thx for the comment :D

EDIT: yeah if you run a second set of Line of Sight blockers on the inside of the left and right walls, it blocks the unit from seeing outside and doesnt really cramp the space any. Thx for pointing that out... fixed it yo

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
> people should be able to extract it all ok?

Maybe some, but others will have alot of trouble.

What you need in that map is a disabled "Read Me" trigger that explains how to get the model working nicely like the way you have done.

You also need to have all the .mdx files inside a .zip which should be uploaded to your original post to make things easier for others when it comes to importing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.