CSS and images not showing.

master maste

Reaction score
I was working on a website this afternoon when I accidentally deleted it while trying to clean up my desktop, I managed to recover the files and the images and HTML and CSS files, which managed to work perfectly in Firefox again.

When I put all these files into a folder called "index" with a subfolder called "images" for the images the css file wanted me to update the links, and I said no.

Now none of the images work and I've check all the directories several times and they are correct, but for some reason arent showing the images...

Any Ideas?

edit: hold on I think the images may have been corrupted, I'm gonna recheck the psd's

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I was working on a website this afternoon when I accidentally deleted it while trying to clean up my desktop, I managed to recover the files and the images and HTML and CSS files, which managed to work perfectly in Firefox again.

When I put all these files into a folder called "index" with a subfolder called "images" for the images the css file wanted me to update the links, and I said no.

Now none of the images work and I've check all the directories several times and they are correct, but for some reason arent showing the images...

Any Ideas?

edit: hold on I think the images may have been corrupted, I'm gonna recheck the psd's

What possessed you to say no? And, just wondering, were the images in a subfolder previously?

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
I hope your not using image slicing...

post your CSS and directory info, you may just need to fix the file paths, or so it sounds by your post.

master maste

Reaction score
Ok, I got it working after a while. I'm using dreamweaver, not to use this design mode but for the simplicity of coding faster.

What possessed you to say no? And, just wondering, were the images in a subfolder previously?

Because it wanted me to update the links to my old network, which would screw up the links. When I clicked no it changed all the images locations over my files so I had to go through them all and change them back. Yes the images were also in a subfolder (but its all working now).

I hope your not using image slicing...

post your CSS and directory info, you may just need to fix the file paths, or so it sounds by your post.

I'm not using image slicing, adobes slicing is horrible. Yes it was the file paths but everything is working now :).

Are you on bad terms with your CSS file?

Not anymore, we decided to be friends again :thup:.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
When you use dreamweaver, you have to make sure every file is in the correct directory, or they won't appear how it should be really.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.