Custom Hero does not disappear after purchase

V

vm7488

This question might have been posted in a thread and might have a different subject, so apologies, but I'm just new, and have no time for searching all of threads either...

but here's my question.

I made a custom map with a custom altar that can hire custom heroes I made, and it seems that after hiring a custom hero, the same hero does not disappear from stock but instead you can hire it again. Fortunately though, I made it so you can hire only 3 heroes (by making the dependencies of an existing hero as the new custom heroes).

What do I edit so that the heroes hired disappears from the custom altar?

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I am not at the World Editor atm,but i can be quite sure that this is it!

Code:
[B]Events:[/B]
Unit - A unit sells a unit
[B]Conditions:-[/B]
[B]Actions:[/B]
For each (interger A) from 1 to 12 ([COLOR="Red"]i have 12 heroes,you must set the value of[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]your heroes in all taverns[/COLOR]) do Actions
[B]Loop - Actions[/B]
    Player - Make (Trained unit-type) Unavailable for training/construction by (Player((Integer A)))

M

MaEt-ReLLiK

Instead of using elapsed game time, try this.

Code:
Events
    Unit - A unit Sells a unit
Conditions
    ((Sold unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
Actions
Set Temp_PlayerGroup = (All players)
    Player Group - Pick every player in Temp_PlayerGroup and do (Actions)
        Loop - Actions
            Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)
Custom script:   call DestroyForce (udg_Temp_PlayerGroup)

When someone buys a hero, the player will be unable to buy any more heros.

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yes,but he said that when he picks an hero,that picked hero removes from the tavern.I think my solution is much better for his question (no offence).

M

MaEt-ReLLiK

Thats because you edited it. :p
But yes, I suppose your new trigger is better suiting.

PiCkstix

Reaction score
I am not at the World Editor atm,but i can be quite sure that this is it!

Code:
[B]Events:[/B]
Unit - A unit sells a unit
[B]Conditions:-[/B]
[B]Actions:[/B]
For each (interger A) from 1 to 12 ([COLOR="Red"]i have 12 heroes,you must set the value of[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]your heroes in all taverns[/COLOR]) do Actions
[B]Loop - Actions[/B]
    Player - Make (Trained unit-type) Unavailable for training/construction by (Player((Integer A)))

>(i have 12 heroes,you must set the value of your heroes in all taverns)

Uh, it seems that you are using the "from 1 to 12" for the 12 players, not the 12 heroes...

Am I wrong?

_________________​
A true man will get back on his feet after defeat and try again.
A true noob will say, “y0 dat waz phail!”.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
Ok first go to your unit in the object editor and remove all your hero's from the tavern. Then on MS add these actions.

Code:
Untitled Trigger 002
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Neutral Building - Add Paladin to (Your Unit) with 1 in stock and a max stock of 1
        Neutral Building - Add Archmage to (Your unit) with 1 in stock and a max stock of 1
        Neutral Building - Add Mountain King to (Your unit) with 1 in stock and a max stock of 1

WilliamPa

Reaction score
But it looks kinda stupid to me if there is a hero selling himself, if he is not there anymore ^^ And stock replenish timer would crush that.

BioDiablo

Reaction score
Lmao… and nobody told him to add the heroes to GC? :D As I reckon the heroes don't count as heroes in altar unless they are set as heroes in constants.
So… here is what you do:
Advanced»Gameplay Constants»Techtree - Dependancy Equivalents - Hero
Add your heroes to already existing ones. This way you won't get a player who has 2 heroes of same type.

Dameon

Reaction score
But it looks kinda stupid to me if there is a hero selling himself, if he is not there anymore ^^ And stock replenish timer would crush that.

With the trigger I put, after the unit is sold once it is removed from the shop, and the unit to put the hero in is the building selling it. Yes buildings are units.

Just try it with one hero, then test it and see if you like it. Max stock means the max number of them that can be sold before removed.

V

vm7488

Good one BioDiablo bravo. best answer.

Oh yeah, and I have the stock maximum set to 1 and the stock rep. interval to 0, didn't help before. I don't want to put a huge number on the replenish interval though. :(

But anyway, it's solved. thanks for all your help.

Dameon

Reaction score
I know you solved the problim, but here take a look at this, you might want to use it in a future map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.