Custom Hud

Drazalon

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to make a custom HUD for tft, if possible? Not just menus like you would see in warsearch, but the whole command area.

Also on last thing same category as above, is the mouse changable?

Akatsuki

Reaction score
I think he means UI. Sorry but I can't really help you until I'm sure. Do you mean like the thing that tells you how much a unit attacks, what type of attack, what type of armor, how strong the armor. And ect. Those things right?

Reaction score
You can, to a limited extent, change the interface graphics. Advanced > Game Interface > Use Custom Game Interface.

l-hate_you

Reaction score
Im pretty sure its exactly like any old skin, like if you can skin a grunt you can skin the UI.. just download Wc Image Extractor 2 from somewhere, save the UI files (there are like 8 for each race, choose one race) on your computer, edit them in photoshop, convert them back to .blp in extractor, import them in map and change their paths, and then go into advanced settings and change the values like the guy above me said

oh and yes the mouse is changeable ive seen cursor skins on hiveworkshop and theres a value in gameplay interface that deals with the cursor

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
HUD stands for Heads-Up Display. And if you are referring to the UI (User Interface), then, yes, you can modify it somewhat like skinning.

Akatsuki

Reaction score
Ok. Now that enough people are thinking the UI and interface. I can now give my knowlege. The thing is that after you extract the image and turn it into a .tga. You get an empty transparent image. You can't see a thing. I asked this question many times and I finally found a way to see it. What you do is (with GIMP) find the channel layer. Then highlight only the alpha image. And then fill it with white. Now you can see it. The reason why you can't see it because UI images have black alpha layers. Making it invisible. Making the alpha layer white makes it visible.

Drazalon

Reaction score
AHhh now im starting to understand.

Is there such website that have any pre-made UIs?

CrazyImpling

Reaction score
There is a few, wc3campaigns.net has 2 that I know of. Hiveworkshop probably has one or two. Go take a look around.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Akatsuki said:
Ok. Now that enough people are thinking the UI and interface. I can now give my knowlege. The thing is that after you extract the image and turn it into a .tga. You get an empty transparent image. You can't see a thing. I asked this question many times and I finally found a way to see it. What you do is (with GIMP) find the channel layer. Then highlight only the alpha image. And then fill it with white. Now you can see it. The reason why you can't see it because UI images have black alpha layers. Making it invisible. Making the alpha layer white makes it visible.
Well when you convert *.blp files with Image Extractor II to *.tga it dosn' t convert it correctly. You should use Warcraft Image Viewer or something similar. When you don' t see picture in *.tga file it didn' t convert it properly. Use the Gimp too.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.