Custom Signatures - When do you get 'em

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
I think (and this is just my opinion) that's it's not the sig itself that people want. It's the symbolism behind it. Since sigs are not given to everyone, it quickly becomes a privilege to have one. It says to people, "hey, I've been around a while and I'm helpful." A sig is not just something you use to put stuff, though that is the acutal use for it, a sig really symbolizes your status in the community.

Same reason why people drive BMWs. They look the same as normal cars, they perform the same as normal cars (worse than some), but cost WAY more, just to have that BMW logo on the tires and hood. It's a status thing and it pisses me off :mad:

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Umm who wouldn't want to be a higher class man? Seriously though people like being on top of people. People like to be in a position of power. O yeah elmst BMW are for luxury. There are things in cars that just make life easier like the Lexus's parallel park its self.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
I think (and this is just my opinion) that's it's not the sig itself that people want. It's the symbolism behind it. Since sigs are not given to everyone, it quickly becomes a privilege to have one. It says to people, "hey, I've been around a while and I'm helpful." A sig is not just something you use to put stuff, though that is the acutal use for it, a sig really symbolizes your status in the community.

I thought it was the giant reputation-bar. *Giggle*

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
The reason people want sigs are becuase they can't have them. Simple!

Sure, everyone can have a sig. All you have to do is save it in your favorite text editor and append it manually to every message you post. Advantage: everyone can individually turn on and off real signatures, while this one is always visible. :D

DISCLAIMER: I'm can't be held responsible for bad things(TM) happening due to mis- or abuse of such signatures.

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
I personally like this signature idea, it keeps everything clean and in order, it "is" much better than some of those pathetic sites were you go on the forums, and this guy has a picture loading for about 20 minutes, not only lagging you, but also taking up the space for his signature.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
It's very easy to say so, if you already have one. :p

I suggest you to find yourself a girlfriend (or boyfriend, one can never know...), instead wasting your valuable time acting cool just to get privileges to put a piece of text into your every post.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> It's very easy to say so, if you already have one. :p

I hadn't one before, and I didn't even think about it ;)

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
As do I.

But signatures for everyone is simply not going to happen. It's best to just live with it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.