Custom Signatures - When do you get 'em

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Ok I've got a question... When do you have custom signatures?? I didnt see it in the edit profile section of the User cp but plz tell me how. Thanks

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
You get a Sig when a Admin gives you one for one reason or another.

Its best not to worry about it. They are harder to get if you try.

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You get a Sig when a Admin gives you one for one reason or another.

Its best not to worry about it. They are harder to get if you try.

Yes this is true. I spent my first 2 years on TH trying to become a mod. Never worked out. Just help people and when you get it you get it.

Reaction score
Actually that won't work in a way you say.. You may be good helper, but it is not the main reason (Why I would give the option to a user)..

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Usually Mods and above get sigs but there are the special cases where the user helped out the admin/mods one way or another.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Are signatures that important?

I really dislike signatures, which are longer than the post itself. That's why I don't use mine.

Pleasing to the eye.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> there are the special cases
There were special cases. I wouldn't count on this happening again, at least not anytime soon.
Being kind, helpful and mature is what will get you respect from other members and, through that, possibly a signature at some point.

Out of curiosity though, what kind of contents would you put in a signature if you had one?

Reaction score
I would advertise my Fade System, and also my friend asked if I could advertise his graphics forums.. It's in my custom title, which is not so good place for it I think.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> advertise
Yeah, this is a pretty good reason to keep it unavailable for other people.
If everyone had a signature most people would put links to their (usually not-so-successful, 20-member) sites. In addition these sites are often about things TH.net already covers so...

Reaction score
>for other people.
I suppose that all of us is included in other people.. you too..

Also, graphics is something that TheHelper supports. I see no problem in advertising site like that..

But the choice ain't mine :p

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Sigs are nice when your trying to get people to look at stuff
I don't have one but it won't be nice to get one but if I don't I don't really care that much

Thats how you have to think ;)

I also thought you guys didn't give sigs because of you guys don't want to look over them as well as the forums

A forum that covers something already covered by TH is a rival

And its not like we have enough of that already...

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> I also thought you guys didn't give sigs because of you guys don't want to look over them as well as the forums

Definitely. Can all the people on the forum be trusted to keep their sigs clean? We can't even trust them to keep their posts clean.... :rolleyes:

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
I have yet to find a use for my signature, I could advertise my map, or my published terraining tutorials.. but people can find them regardless so theres no real point

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
> advertise
Yeah, this is a pretty good reason to keep it unavailable for other people.
If everyone had a signature most people would put links to their (usually not-so-successful, 20-member) sites. In addition these sites are often about things TH.net already covers so...

Really? I thought the actual reason was so that people don't clutter them with huge images.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> I thought the actual reason was so that people don't clutter them with huge images.

Images are completely disabled in sigs, even for those who have them.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Sigs that link to offsite pages are lame.

Don't count on getting one, and asking how to get one may hurt your almost non-existent chance of getting one a bit. :p
Just be helpful and do it because you want to, not because you want the sig. We can tell the difference, trust me. ;)

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
I don't see why everyone wants a sig.
I sometimes myself find me wanting one.
Then I realize, hey, what the hell would I put on it?

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think (and this is just my opinion) that's it's not the sig itself that people want. It's the symbolism behind it. Since sigs are not given to everyone, it quickly becomes a privilege to have one. It says to people, "hey, I've been around a while and I'm helpful." A sig is not just something you use to put stuff, though that is the acutal use for it, a sig really symbolizes your status in the community.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> Really?
Nope, that's why I'd like them to stay exclusive.
No idea what the real reason is, but Ghan probably got it right up there.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.