Cutting Trees...

italocolt

Reaction score
How can I create one skill thats shot one missile, and if this missile pass in trees, cut the trees, where the missile passed =X

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
How to cut trees

I'm just gonna take a stab and say, make a Shockwave ability with suitable AoE, change the missile art to whatever, and change the Data - Targets Available (or whatever it is, near the bottom of the list) so that trees are on the targeting list? Also, take off some of the defaults if you don't want to hit units with it.

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
The best bet would be to use a projectile system. Search around the tutorials and see if you can find a tutorial for creating one. :thup:

italocolt

Reaction score
the alleria (windrunner) has an ability that she released an arrow, and if you have trees in the way, the arrow cut the trees, that's what I want to do

IronTrout

Reaction score
You could make a dummy unit with move speed of 522. Check every 0.15 seconds or so whether there are destructibles of destructible_type within 50 yards or so of the dummy unit. If so kill all destructible.

Jonnycakes

Reaction score
Using a dummy as a projectile is pretty limiting unless you were to move it every frame. 522 is pretty slow for an arrow, for example. You could store the angle of the projectile and custom-move it frame by frame though.

IronTrout

Reaction score
It's pretty slow for an arrow, yes. But, if it were a glaive or something. Not so slow. But yeah, doing frame by frame works better :p. Personally i'd prefer frame by frame. (You can make it look cooler doing frame by frame :))

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Use a periodic trigger (0.03 or 0.04 seconds for most smooth slide) and move the unit (projectile) towards a certain offset. This will basically create a moving effect. Then check for destructible types and destroy it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.