Damage block

ThePlague

Reaction score
In DotA Lanaya has a spell taht nullifies damage from aset number of hits, and Iv seen similar things in a few other places. How is this done? If the unit has 1 hp it should die before any healing trigger nullfies damage. SO anyone know how this effect is triggered?

AoW_Hun7312

I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Reaction score
I'd guess it uses some integer variable and a damage detection system based on the buff.

ThePlague

Reaction score
But how would you nullify the damage so that even if the unit had only 1 hp it would be ok?

Angel_Island

Much long, many time, wow
Reaction score
For some reason, if you use this
Trigger:
  • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + (Damage taken))

the damage is healed before you take damage. So this would save you even if you have 1 hp.

dare2care

Reaction score
For some reason, if you use this
Trigger:
  • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + (Damage taken))

the damage is healed before you take damage. So this would save you even if you have 1 hp.

Small problem with that - if the attacker is a ranged unit, and the ranged unit dies before the projectile reaches the attacker, it heals health but the damage is not caused.

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Small problem with that - if the attacker is a ranged unit, and the ranged unit dies before the projectile reaches the attacker, it heals health but the damage is not caused.

Damage is always caused if not evaded.
Doesn't matter if the attacker died.

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
dare2care, Think about the what event need to use before you trying to talk this.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.