"Damage Taken" Event response?

MiddleHanded

Reaction score
I tried using it in one of my ability triggers today, but it doesn't seem to work;
Everything else works, it's just the damage part that doesn't.

Trigger:
  • Future Link
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Future Link for (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 1
      • (Random integer number between 1 and 10) Less than or equal to 3
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Attacking unit) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\Curse\CurseTarget.mdl
      • Set FutureLinkMultipliers[0] = 0.25
      • Set FutureLinkMultipliers[1] = 0.75
      • Set FutureLinkMultipliers[2] = 1.50
      • Wait (Random real number between (4.00 - (Real((Level of Future Link for (Triggering unit))))) and ((4.00 - (Real((Level of Future Link for (Triggering unit))))) x 2.00)) game-time seconds
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Attacking unit), dealing ((Damage taken) x FutureLinkMultipliers[((Level of Future Link for (Triggering unit)) - 1)]) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Attacking unit) using Abilities\Weapons\Bolt\BoltImpact.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Damage taken responds to the "[Unit] is damaged" event only. Great job blizz.
View attachment 35796
=( There isn't a function to detect the damage taken from "A unit is attacked." And [Unit] is damaged requires a specific unit.

MiddleHanded

Reaction score
Dang.
I guess I'll Have to use preset damage then. :banghead:
Thanks. :thup:

EDIT:

But then how was the Blademail item ability in DotA made, is there already an item/ability like it in wc3?

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Damage taken responds to the "[Unit] is damaged" event only. Great job blizz.
View attachment 35796
=( There isn't a function to detect the damage taken from "A unit is attacked." And [Unit] is damaged requires a specific unit.

The Unit is Attacked event fires just before the unit even starts attacking. It's a good thing they did that, but it's just too bad there's no "A Unit damages a Unit" event.

Essentially you have to use the Trigger - Add Event action to manually add the event to a trigger every time a unit is created, and then put lots of conditions on the trigger to filter out units.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.