damage via stats!!

Ormagon

Reaction score
Hey there, how do i cause skills to afflict damage depending on a specific stats for exemple 3xagillity+100 to the target :confused:

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Make a trigger that runs when the ability is cast and trigger the damage. Use the event Unit-Damage Target.

S

Slate.Master

Code:
Unit - Cause (triggering Unit) to damage (picked unit), dealing Real damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Real is the formula

Edit - C'mon :p

Ormagon

Reaction score
yea ive got what u mean here what it gives me
Code:
stat damage
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Real((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
Now I want to know how to multiplay the stats for exemple 3XAgi
not only 1xAgi thanks

Squishy

Reaction score
You need to use Arithmetic at the part where it asks for a number.

Ormagon

Reaction score
Like this??
Code:
stat damage
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((Real((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 3.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
:D

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit)

There is no Picked Unit there....

S

Slate.Master

Of course you need to change the picked unit to target of ability being cast :)

Ormagon

Reaction score
Can some1 please post the actual trigger, so i can see what it looks like thank you! :D

Squishy

Reaction score
Code:
Trigger
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Your Ability
    Actions
        Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (3.00 x (Real((Strength of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Yours was fine, you just had to picked unit to target unit of ability being cast like Ghan and Slate Master said.

Ormagon

Reaction score
ok so this trigger should work perfectly??
Code:
Spell damages
    Events
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Warrior
    Actions
        If ((Ability being cast) Equal to Devestate ) then do (Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (4.00 x (Real((Strength of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Ability being cast) Equal to Shield Bash ) then do (Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (2.00 x (Real((Strength of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Ability being cast) Equal to Deep Wound ) then do (Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (8.00 x (Real((Strength of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal) else do (Do nothing)

Ormagon

Reaction score
exellent ty

now how to i make this trigger heal a fridnly rather than damage an eemy?

Squishy

Reaction score
Possibly setting the damage to negative would heal the target. Otherwise. Just set the target units health to its health+4xInt.

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
Setting the damage to negative would cancel effects like Healing Salve and other spells/items that are non-combat consumeable.

Ormagon

Reaction score
o well that would work sincw im not gona use healing salve type items in this rpg o_O

thanks man

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.