DBZ Live Action Movie Trailer

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
WTF DOES THIS MONSTROSITY HAVE TO DO WITH DBZ?

WARNING : The following spoiler contains rage not suitable for anyone born in the 60's
I was blazed bout 2 years ago and pondered on the thought of how much of an incredible base the DBZ story and characters would be for a live movie (with today's technology), and got all excited when I heard the news that there is a trailer for such a thing now on the interweb.

Then I saw it.

...and now I feel responsible for this awful movie ever happening. It's right about when you see piccolo that you feel your heart grow 3 times smaller and sink into your intestines. No wait, that happens in the first 10 seconds. When you see piccolo is when you shit it out and die.

Last edited by a moderator:

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
I always knew it was bound to fail, but that's even worse than I thought it could be.

/wrist

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
This is epic failure.. First off do the characters look anything alike the anime?.. Also wtf is is wrong with piccolo? Now i didn't look too depth into him, but hes supposed supposed to be green! Is it just me, or hes white? He looks like Voldemort from the Harry Potter movies! Bulma with 2 gun's ?... Why'd she need guns? I don't know whats the story gona be, but i'm assuming its gona be the good guys vs piccolo, which makes guns kind of useless against him.. This isin't actually a complaint, more like something that looked weird to me.... Also, this also isin't very much a complaint, but something i found strange. In the anime, just look at the characters ( male ) they're muscle hills, look at the live action movie ones.. They look.. Weak ( Compared to the anime )

P.S I also thinks Yamcha looks pathetic.

P.S.S Goku looks more like Gohan (Adult)...

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
What's happened to this is the usual hollywood bullshit, they have licenced a popular name and have dumbed it down to what they think the general public can handle.... which just happens to be a generic storyline with a couple of cruddy special effects. From the trailer I can sum up the basic storyline, which also happens to have nothing to do with DBZ -

WARNING - The following spoiler is 112% accurate, reading may prove fatal

It goes a lil something like this.

Goku is some random loser who gets picked on by the tough guys at college because he has a japanese name which is strange for a white guy. He's a lovable goof who can't get the girl but always believed he is something more. Eventually his grand dad dies and his final words are like 'go see chow yung fat, he's totally going to rock your world'. Goku doesn't understand this, but he's not going to pass up a free ticket to china (yeah, china) to see his favourite crouching tiger star.

Yeah so now he's in china chilling with the locals and trying to find his way to chow's place when someone steals his shit and runs off. He chases them and just as he is about to catch them the tables turn and he's sucker punched by the thief, falling over and about to get his ass kicked. Next thing you know Chow yung just like appears out of nowhere and kicks this dudes ass. Goku is then like 'who are you old man', and chow's like 'I'm chow yung fat you idiot, you're supposed to meet me remember? I was holding your name up at the airport terminal for like 45 minutes... ah forget it, let's go get a latte'.

So, over a latte and some chocolate coated croissants chow explains that goku's not actually human, but instead some kind of alien called a saiyan. Goku remembers hearing of these saiyans before, in a cartoon he used to love as a kid but soon grew to hate once it was released as a block buster movie by fox. Anyways, He doesn't believe his chinese compadre for one second until he produces a strange glowing trinket. Just before goku freaks out and yells 'omfg he's got a bomb' chow explains that it is actually a lizard's gonad, more frequently known as a dragon ball. Hearing the word gonad intrigues goku so he touches it, then fondles it, then rolls it around in his mouth for a few minutes.... oh, and then ofcourse it unlocks his powers.

Now that our lovable fool has powers chow decides it's time to meet others like him, who at first don't accept him because of his retarded face (but ofcourse later on in the film he proves himself through his honest heart and they treat him as their leader).... but we are getting ahead of ourselves. Before all this acceptance happens, there is a 3.5 minute montage of chow teaching goku martial arts, where at first goku is like totally shit, but then he gets a bit better and finally opens a can of whoopass on chow, to which chow replies with something like 'there is nothing more I can teach you, except useless facts about animals and old chinese proverbs'.

Aite, that's all the character building out the way, now for the action. Chow used to have 7 of these goanna testicles you see, 6 of which he lost gambling. Now it's up to our newly formed team of saiyans to steal them back. The first one goes pretty smoothly, but the second one gets interrupted by a mysterious stranger... you guessed it, Billy 'Piccolo' Corgan. Turns out he's also after the skink nuts. They have a brief battle but are over powered by the creepy rockstar, who escapes with the ball while yumcha shouts something like 'AREN'T YOU SUPPOSED TO BE GREEN ASSHOLE?'.

.... and that is where I leave this spoiler.

I can tell you a few more things that will be in there.... a love interest for goku who doesn't like him at first but just as they are about to get it on she gets abducted by the non-green guy and it's goku's job to rescue her... oh and ofcourse a big final battle scene where goku will go super saiyan for like 5 seconds so the audience goes 'wow, the rest of the movie was shit but that 1 scene made up for it'.

So yeah, the movie is going to be rat shit. The cast looks like they were pulled from an under achieving drama class so that explains the lack of muscle. This movie could of really been something, ah who am I kidding... it never stood a chance. :(

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
i pretty much laughed myself off and then vomited.

This ain't dragonball, this movie just ruin every rep that dragonball have.

If you are going to do dragonball get a asian, not some whiteboy as Goku, wtf?
The whole point of dragonball now is the super sayian stuff. Without that dragonball aint dragonball.

This movie should really be cut off and just get vomited all over twice.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Does NOT look like DBZ at all.
I doth proclaim Fail.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
Goku was never asian, he was an alien, and was never made to look asian - did you ever watch DB or DBZ?

and this looks like, just stupid, I cant even begin to explain all the reasons this looks terrible....ug

and God, Goku should atleast have some muscle development, that guy looks like a pre-pubescent child

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
2nd HOPE!
2673705471_9e81e36ab7_o.jpg

2674525632_67c0e7fc4c_o.jpg

these are movie posters

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
Also i'm wondering, where did piccolos.. Well.. You know those two things that stick out from above his eyes.. Where did those go to? Whenever i think of piccolo, i ussualy picture him like this : A green guy with two "wires" or something like that coming out from his head.

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
Antennae?

I saw the trailer. It would've been quite interesting if it wasn't actually based on DB. Because the characters look nothing like they should.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
Goku was never asian, he was an alien, and was never made to look asian - did you ever watch DB or DBZ?

and this looks like, just stupid, I cant even begin to explain all the reasons this looks terrible....ug

and God, Goku should atleast have some muscle development, that guy looks like a pre-pubescent child

i always thought DBZ as asian anime, after all it was a japanese who created the whole thing. But still a guy with black hair = asian ;)

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
What a complete failure, I rather go watch High School Musical 3

and I didn't even watch the 1st or 2nd one

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.