Destroying SPECIFIC special effect

Exoudar

Reaction score
Hey there,

I am making a tower which have special effect when it cast "X" ability.
my special effect is "!" mark.

Sniper Tower Aimed Shot
Events
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Aimed shot
Actions
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Casting unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl
Wait 1.00 seconds
Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

the problem is that when i have 2 or more towers of the same type, when one of them cast "Aimed Shot" and create special effect and another one cast it , the special effect will be removed from the second one and the first one will still have the special effect. (bug)

I tried making the effect in variable but the same thing happened.

probably not the best English, but is there any way to remove specific special effect from the one who casted it?

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you can do about destroying special effects like this, but there could be a way to "cheat" out of this one. The special effect that isn't being destroyed is not a bug, because it is only destroying the LAST created special effect. That means if the second tower fired before 1 second is up, then it will destroy the 2nd tower's "!"

Make a dummy, and get him to cast a modified version of inner fire on the tower that is casting Aimed Shot. Remove any armor and damage bonuses, and change the Effects to the "!" and make the duration time to how long you want the "!" to show. Also remember to change the buff to "Aimed Shot" or something like that.

Exoudar

Reaction score
^ Thanks very much , i'll try the inner fire buff.

BTW when i said bug i didn't mean bug in World editor , I meant it will be bug in my map ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.