Destructible Unresponsive to Triggers

Annun

Reaction score
I'm using the following triggers on a destructible that I have. I'm trying to simulate an enemy throwing their weapon at a target (the throw isn't shown, but a sword is in the corpse so it's implied), then they run to the sword and pick it up (it disappears and I reattach the sword to the unit).

For this purpose, I'll call the destructible Sword001.

Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
Destructible - Hide Sword001

Unit - Unit Death Revenant001 is attacked
Destructible - Show Sword001

Unit - A unit enters region005
Destructible - Remove Sword001

None of it works. That's all I can really think of to describe the situation. What do?

Danis[h]

Reaction score
How are you referencing the sword in the editor? actually selecting it (being a pre-placed destructible) or are you saving it to a variable, e.t.c....

drol

Reaction score
I think that instead of using a destructible you could use an ability with a target attachment special effect that is the sword, and attach it to the weapon.

As ability I would suggest using Item Armor bonus and set the armor bonus to zero, this ability doesnt leave a buff or icon on the unit.

Then go to the ability fields and go to Art - Caster or something and select the sword model there. Go to the attachment points and add a string with the value "weapon" (without quotes).

Then add/remove the ability to the unit when needed.

I might be reading your problem wrong, but this is what could fix it I think.

Annun

Reaction score
Drol I'm not sure that's what I'm looking for. I can attach/detach the sword just fine (I have an invisible ability that attaches it to the hero's hand,right. I'm trying to get a destructible that I have stuck in the ground (by using shift+page down) to disappear 1 second into the game, reappear when I want it to, and be completely removed later. The triggers should do the job but they aren't.

And Danish, I selected the doodad manually; no variables involved.

Maybe it's because I have the doodad partially in the ground? I'll set it to normal height and try.

Annun

Reaction score
Update.

It responds to one trigger - Kill. If I use it, the sword actually appears, then disappears a few seconds later. This makes me think that it's corpse is visible, but not the doodad itself. Checking object properties.

Danis[h]

Reaction score
Drol I'm not sure that's what I'm looking for. I can attach/detach the sword just fine (I have an invisible ability that attaches it to the hero's hand,right. I'm trying to get a destructible that I have stuck in the ground (by using shift+page down) to disappear 1 second into the game, reappear when I want it to, and be completely removed later. The triggers should do the job but they aren't.

And Danish, I selected the doodad manually; no variables involved.

Maybe it's because I have the doodad partially in the ground? I'll set it to normal height and try.

key in this would be that you're using a doodad and not a destructible. They don't respond to some of the destructible triggers. Base your doodad off of a destructible like a tree and it should fix things.

Annun

Reaction score
key in this would be that you're using a doodad and not a destructible. They don't respond to some of the destructible triggers. Base your doodad off of a destructible like a tree and it should fix things.

I meant to say destructible. It's based off of a crate destructible, is under the destructibles tab, is selectable as a destructible with the manual selection, etc.

And it responds to the Kill trigger; the corpse appears. I've decided that something about the destructible - maybe the fact that it intersects with the terrain - is causing it not to appear when it is alive. Any ideas? Maybe it's just a bug?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.