• Player - Player 4 (Purple) skips a cinematic sequence
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) skips a cinematic sequence
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) skips a cinematic sequence
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) skips a cinematic sequence
      • Player - Player 8 (Pink) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Dialog - Clear ESCMenu[(Player number of (Triggering player))]
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Cleared: + (String((Player number of (Triggering player)))))
      • Dialog - Change the title of ESCMenu[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to (Color[(Player number of (Triggering player))] + ((Name of (Player((Player number of (Triggering player))))) + 's Menu|r))
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Title Set: + (String((Player number of (Triggering player)))))
      • -------- AntiAggroAsento Toggle --------
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • AAAIsOn[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Dialog - Create a dialog button for ESCMenu[(Player number of (Triggering player))] labelled |cffff0000Automatic...
          • Set ESCMenuAAAToggle[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Last created dialog Button)
        • Else - Actions
          • Dialog - Create a dialog button for ESCMenu[(Player number of (Triggering player))] labelled |cff32cd32Automatic...
          • Set ESCMenuAAAToggle[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (AntiAggro added: + (String((Player number of (Triggering player)))))
      • -------- Res Ping --------
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for ESCMenu[(Player number of (Triggering player))] labelled Show Res Location
      • Set EscMenuResPing[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Res Button Added: + (String((Player number of (Triggering player)))))
      • -------- Cancel --------
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for ESCMenu[(Player number of (Triggering player))] labelled Cancel
      • Set EscMenuClose[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Close Button Added: + (String((Player number of (Triggering player)))))
      • Dialog - Show ESCMenu[(Player number of (Triggering player))] for (Triggering player)
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Displaying: + (String((Player number of (Triggering player)))))

The game messages are merely for debug. They all show, but the dialog doesn't, when I'm playing as someone else than player 1. Why?

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Can you explain your map a bit? I just want to know what all of these things are, I think it has something to do with all your arrays, I dont think you need those, ill check it out, gimme tonight and then ill upload a map with it fixed

Tawnttoo

Reaction score
The arrays are a bit necessary for it to be a different dialog for each player, don't you think?

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Im not sure, I dont think so, try just changing the name of it to the name of triggering player or whatever, because im pretty sure you're trying to create multiple dialogs here, which isnt necessary, Try it without arrays, Im pretty sure it'll work

Tawnttoo

Reaction score
I'm sure it would. But the whole purpose of these dialogs are to include changeable, player-specific settings. During a game it must be allowed for multiple players to have a dialog open simultaneously. So its not possible to do it this way. The only problem is, as I stated in the first post, about it not opening to any other player than Player 1. And it needs a fix.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Can you send your map to me? id like to take a look at it, and Helpers promise I will not copy/steal any ideas and/or spells from it

ThranDeuL

Reaction score
I dont want to be a pain in the ass, but loads of these triggers dont work with me either so what i do, is i make a seperate trigger for every player.
Change the event to player (1 to 12)
change triggering player in your actions to player (1 to 12)

Cause what i am thinking is that the triggering player now refers to the first player in your event list, wich is player 1

Tawnttoo

Reaction score
I changed the debug messages to be shown merely to the triggering player. They show, but not the dialog. So that's not the case, obviously.

Tawnttoo

Reaction score
That did the trick, but why? Why is it sometimes necessary to have a certain maximum value to the array size, while sometimes it can be left as is (1)?

Anyways, lots of thanks.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Not even sure if my explanation is right but some objects are required to be loaded prior to usage. Some doesn't. Perhaps that's why. Unit Group is another variable type that requires this.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.