Different Logos, Banners, and looks of the site throughout the years

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
This graphic was used on the Site as of 1999 it is the earliest logo I can find for the site.

helpersat.gif

This Forum Post discusses the first Archive.org entry and talks about the original Special Members program and is great Historical Thread

The Following Archive.org entry from my old News Archive section is a great History of the site from 1999 - 2001 from when I was still a Blizzard MVP and my main source of visitors were for my Blizzard Tech Faqs. I did all that news stuff by hand back in those days and it was a total blast from the past going back and reading all that. I saved everything and Archive.org saved it for posterity.

Here is another very old Logo sometime around 2000 - 2001

helpernetlogo.jpg

Taken from this Archive.org entry where the sidebar was on the Right hand side

This Graphic was created by Chile in 2004 for a suggested site redesign

helperhands1-jpg.18313

and a mock up for a site redesign suggested by Chile in 2004 - Chile is a mega talented media and graphics guy.

samplelayout1-jpg.18314

This is when we switched originally to VBulletin and the graphics were by Tender Fury and Chile 2001 - 2004 part of that time we were hosted by Wargasm at the-group.org as there was something going on with my web hosting

Here is an archive.org entry for the actual site of this above picture. The formatting is all messed up for some reason on my browser but check out the Advertising I was trying to do at the time. I figured if it was at the bottom of the page nobody would ever see it.

The above banner was used until 2005 then the Mods and Admins said they could no longer deal with the cheesiest and the Banner Contest was started. An Admin only thing at first got pushed to the regular forum.

The first one was the Winner. We used that Banner all the way until we switched to the Xenforo Forum Software - then it changed to what it is now - which is close to what it was but still varies.

ryoko-banner-1-jpg.2208

Other Banner ideas submitted in the Banner Contest that were considered for the site redesign:

ryoko-banner-2-jpg.2207

thehelper-jpg.2205

banner-with-text-ne-jpg.2206

bannerforum3-jpg.2210

thehelperscreen-jpg.2212

Button from 2008

teh-net-png.18315

2009 Christmas Banner

xmas_banner-gif.18311

Halloween Banner - from the Halloween Banner thread.

Last edited:

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
I been here since the 2004 theme... Although back then I had a different username to WildTurkey or Giv_me_rep but I could never remember what it was after I took a break from wc3...

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
This has been updated with the Banner Contest submissions from the link I seeded here.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
This is actually my favorite section of the History. Just saying... :)

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Much of this pre-dates me. I've only been around since 2007, you know. Thanks for sharing!

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
bumping to remind me to fix the bad pic links in the first post

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    And our actual cooks aren't really trained for that. Our line lead will be fine but our tournant is still kind of struggling with some things and he takes mistakes way too hard. I got onto him about scorching pans when making cream sauces and he started fucking everything else up, like dude it's fine just turn your heat down a bit. And then he burned like three batches of couscous in a row and it's like man
  • Varine Varine:
    He walked away from the first batch, learned nothing and walked away from the second batch, and then tried to toast it in a saute pan made out of aluminum so it scorched immediately and then I took away and he was sad all day
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    I know our range sucks but it's still a fucking fire down there, I've never measured it but I'm sure it's like a couple thousand degrees.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I wish I had a flat top grill in my kitchen!
  • jonas jonas:
    I wish I could cook asian dishes :D
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You just need a pressure cooker like an instapot for the asian dishes
  • The Helper The Helper:
    they make that stuff easy
  • The Helper The Helper:
    and there is a flat top grill I can buy that will work on my stovetop but it is pricey
  • The Helper The Helper:
    and I have no room for that anyway
  • Varine Varine:
    I have a thing that goes over two burners for my house, but it doesn't work great. I think they make ones that plug in where the coils go but it's not cheap.
  • Varine Varine:
    And yeah if you have a pressure cooker you can do lots of stuff really fast. Depending on what you're trying to do it ranges from really easy to really hard
  • Varine Varine:
    If you want to make tonkotsu broth, you're gonna have a rough time, but if you want to do like stir fries or something that tends to be pretty easy
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Ingredients are sometimes hard to find though, which is why we're doing 'fusion'. We don't have wok burners either, so it'll be kind of a weird transition
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Added another slow cooker recipe - this time a dessert - Slow Cooker Fried Apples https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-slow-cooker-cracker-barrel-fried-apples.192860/
  • Varine Varine:
    I have three teenagers apply for college that all asked for letters of recommendation with like two days notice lol. Like I get it guys, and I'm happy to help, but maybe tell me you need it before you need to turn these applications in?
  • Varine Varine:
    I guess they are literal children, so not exactly the best at thinking ahead. Fucking kids
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Yeah they are just inexperienced and young
  • jonas jonas:
    I'm still horrible at that :eek: often forget things or do things on the last minute
  • The Helper The Helper:
    My daughter is same way
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Saturday people!!!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am sure nobody cares but I am seriously considering taking the Gaming News forum and just changing it to General Gaming Discussion since I post so much about gaming in the General Discussion Forum
  • The Helper The Helper:
    guests online 487 at 12:30 and none of them show up on the stats - all bots man
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Latest recipe is a great one - I love Philly Cheese and this is Philly Cheese Meatloaf https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-philly-cheese-meatloaf.192935/
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Beep boop
    +2

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.