Disable Minimap

Gwafu

Reaction score
Like in Red Alert, where you'll need a radar/satellite first so you could use the minimap. I would like to implement a system like this in my map (well, i would like to make a spell where it will turn off the minimap of the target player), the problem is, I don't know how to Disable and Re-Enable it again.

Thanks in advance!
~Gwafu aka supertoinkz

TomTTT

Reaction score
Something like CoD UAV? :D
As said above, immpossible. Maybe you can set a camera looking from above...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
using visibility it cannot be done. there is a way to pitch the minimap in complete black but it cannot be uncovered anymore. it needs you to change the paths for the minimap textures and models.
maybe RtC can do this, it really is powerful but i dont know whether the drawbacks would suit your needs.

Whisky

Reaction score
I invented a way long time ago, though it may be a bit complicated and I'm not sure if it works.

Basically you need to create dummy creep camps all over the map, and then override the model for that green/yellow/red minimap dot with a black square (with a big square you can disable whole minimap with one creepcamp). Via triggers you then Show creep camp dots and Disable creep camp button for players whose minimaps you wish to disable.

Problem is getting a correct model for this, and as I had never a chance to actually test this I don't know if the creep camp dots actually override all the other minimap markings.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.