Disable Movespeed

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
I'm trying to find out how to disable a unit's ability to move. I want the unit to still be able to use abilities while like this.

I've attempted setting a unit's movespeed to 0, but that doesn't work. This needs to be dynamic within the map as well. Going into the object editor and making the unit's movement TYPE to None works, but that isn't what I want.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Dunno if this works, but you could try it..
There's an aura that gives bonus move speed and hp regen (unholy aura, I believe). Try using that ability, and set the move speed bonus to -100%, and see what happens. :p

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
What if you order the unit to stop and then change the move speed?

Doesn't do anything.

What I have happen now is I create a unit, then I attempt to move it from the spawned X,Y location to a new X, Y. Now if I try and set the unit's movespeed to 0, they can still move. If I make the unit a Building or make their Move Type None, then the unit's model disappears.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
order a dummy to cast ensnare on it, with no projectile or buff art? From what i remember, ensnare doesnt disable attacks

That's a work around I contemplated, but if a unit that casts that base spell... it will cause some problems.

I think I might just try and "glue" the unit to a rect and have it where if the unit leaves said rect they are moved back into the rect until some condition is met.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
I highly recommend you use Dummy to cast Ensnare.

> but if a unit that casts that base spell... it will cause some problems.

What 'problem' ?

Evoroth

Reaction score
What about adding the unit to a unit group and make this trigger?

Event:
A unit is issued an order targeting a point
A unit is issued an order targeting a unit

Conditions:
Ordered Unit is in the Unit Group DisabledUnits
and
Order string = move
or
Order string = attack and Distance between Triggering Unit and Targeted Unit >= 100 (so the unit don't run to it if it's not close to him)
or
Order string = attack and Distance between Triggering Unit and Targeted Point >= 100 (we want no attack-move either)
or
Distance between Triggering Unit And Targeted Unit > 500 (if he uses an ability on a unit that's too far away, we don't want him to run away to cast the spell)

Action:
Order Ordered Unit to Stop

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
If I have a Dummy Ensnare that lasts 100000 seconds and another Ensnare (base) is cast upon the unit it will override the original one.

Unit Movespeeds cannot decreased below 0, so having set a unit movespeed to 0 initially would make it redundant.

Tethering a unit to a region works just fine, I think I'll just do that.

Mittsies

Reaction score
Go into the Gameplay Constants under the Advanced tab, look for "minimum movement speed". Set it to 0. Use the "Set unit movement speed" trigger to set it 0.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.