disabling auto aquiring

Red_drake

Reaction score
auto aquireing... the thing where a hero sees a unit, and goes 'hmm i want to attack that!' so they move and attack that :p unless their on hold position....

(btw ive already reduced the aqcuisition range to 0)

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Reduce their sight range or order them to hold porition and remove from selection

Red_drake

Reaction score
ive already removed their sight range, ive set their aqcuisition range to 0, and ive given them a stop order... but they still follow a unit to attack it if they see one (a unit attacks them, or gets really close)

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
is it possible to disable/enable the autoaquiring of a single unit using triggers?

Give the unit the 'Worker' classification. Either by triggers, or through the object editor.

The only problem is that the unit will create one of those "Idle Worker Icons" in the bottom left hand corner of the screen. No, there is no way to disable this AFAIK.

Dasslokk

Reaction score
Map called Nickba's orpg had this, I remember.
He had a skill similar to the hold position that stopped the hero from autoaquireing

Red_drake

Reaction score
@Darthfett: is there any other way to do that without using the worker classification... ill use it if thats the only option but if theres another way

@Dasslokk: well how do they do that :p

Gryffin

Reaction score
I know this thread is really old. But I figured out a solution. The answer came from Weep in this thread. If you add the classification of Peon-Type Unit in a tirgger, such as Unit Trained, Add Classification to Trained Unit, then the Icon does not appear. Alternatively, you can go to Advanced>Gameplay Interface and change the Icon to something more fitting if you'd still like the toggleable icon.

Red_drake

Reaction score
haha wow... this thread is so old i dont even remeber what i wanted this for XD
epic.

well, if i remeber why i started this thread, ill use your method. thanks :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.