Display Text to Force -> Hiding it

Rushhour

Reaction score
Only found something about player chat messages and how to hide them, but I'm pretty sure there is a simple way to hide these messages from the Chat-Log (F12)
I'm talking about messages that are displayed by the action Display Text to Force/Player by a trigger. And it is stupid to have a message from a periodic little message in the chatlog. (Your gold increased by 50)
Thanks!

jackall

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
you mean like the "-clear" command from dota that "clears" the screen of DTtF/DTtP messages? just make a DTtF action that shows alot of spaces(when i say alot i dont mean 10 or so, i mean 1385083095238)

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
is that number for real or just thumdsucking and just use enter not space.

jackall

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
just use enter not space.

last time i used that warcraft didnt "show" all enters, only one enter showed up
arrrgh, just use DTtF/P about 20-25 times, it seems that either way(space/enter) it just doesnt show'em all

Rushhour

Reaction score
No I'm not talking about text on the screen, that can be easily cleared with Cinematic-Clear Screen of all text messages.
I have a trigger that displays the income to each player every 10 seconds and all these messages get in the ChatLog, that's what I want to remove.
And floating the chat log with empty strings isn't really a great method^^

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
You know; those messages only get shown in the chat log when its offline single player, it doesn't happen online. I'm not 100% sure though.
Unless your whatever is meant to be played offline. If not, no problem.

the Immortal

I know, I know...
Reaction score
Yep, chat log shows these messages only in single player. In LAN / Battle.net games it remembers only what people write.

In short your income text won't be shown unless u play in SP.

Rushhour

Reaction score
Oh really? Well that makes sense :D I only tested in the testmode, which is offline-single player... thanks a lot !
Edit: +repped ofc, in case you thought I forgot ;P

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.