Dota Animal Courier Skill

colinjames12

Reaction score
Hi, I've made an item based on the chicken item on Dota which lets you summon an animal courier which will bring items for you but my problem is that it doesn't work properly. Whenever I use the item, no unit(the chicken) appears. I've based the ability of the item from summon bear because it's permanent and just changed it into an item ability. I think there's something on my chicken unit that makes it an "unsummonable unit from an item". It has the inventory and invulnerability abilities which I don't think is causing the problem. So if anyone know a solution please help me.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Why not just trigger it?
Make a dummy ability based off of Channel and then create the unit with your offset etc and then you are able to manipulate it much easilier.

colinjames12

Reaction score
I can do that but I still want to know why my animal courier item doesn't work. I don't want to trigger this if I could just do this in the object editor.

NotInTheFace

Reaction score
You should be able to do it. If you can't get summon bear to work, you can use any of the item summoning abilities and change the duration to 0 to make it permanent.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Well one way to analyze the problem is to check what the results are:
-> Does the ability go on to cooldown? (Is there a cooldown?)
-> Does the ability have a mana cost?
-> Is the item castable? (Active option is enabled)
-> Does the ability not have tech tree requirements?

Does the ability cast? That is an important factor here, if it does cast but the unit dissapears instantly it could be another triggers upseting it.
If it doesn't cast, it may just be an error in the Item or Ability in the Object Editor.

colinjames12

Reaction score
Yes, the ability is casted. The effect it does comes out but the unit doesn't appear. Perhaps I'll trigger it then if that will solve the problem.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
What's the duration on the summoned unit?
Perhaps the unit cannot be placed or something is interupting it.

Triggering may be easier then.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.