Dota Map Protector

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
Anyone knows what map protector or programme did dota use?
Because i heard people said that dota map cannot be deprotected due to its good protection.
If anyone knows, pls tell me. +rep if helped

HOPE ABOVE IS ALLOWED IN FORUM.
If it is not allowed, do not blame me.

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
Because i heard people said that dota map cannot be deprotected due to its good protection.

This topic is not supported by these forums, but if you must know it can be and it already is at wc3edit.net
but id rather not say anymore than that as i dont want the mods to -rep me

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Since when is map protection not supported?

Most people simply use Vexorian's Optimizer, which simply compresses the map and removes unneeded scripts, and therefore, protecting the map. Another program for PC Users to use is ExProtect. However, you can also manually change the script with an MPQ Browser. For Macs, this would likely be MPQ Extractor, and for PC, you can use PowerMPQ. To protect a map with an MPQ Editor, just search for the [LJASS]war3map.wtg[/LJASS] file in the .MPQ and delete it.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
TH.net supports map protection. We do not support map DEprotection. If you are looking to open up DotA to see how it was done, then I would probably suggest the DotA Template created by AceHart and SD_Ryoko. This map is unprotected and available for download from the World Editor Tutorials site. It's not up to date, but it still has much of the functionality and abilities of DotA.

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
Since when is map protection not supported?

Most people simply use Vexorian's Optimizer, which simply compresses the map and removes unneeded scripts, and therefore, protecting the map. Another program for PC Users to use is ExProtect. However, you can also manually change the script with an MPQ Browser. For Macs, this would likely be MPQ Extractor, and for PC, you can use PowerMPQ. To protect a map with an MPQ Editor, just search for the [LJASS]war3map.wtg[/LJASS] file in the .MPQ and delete it.

Thanks... But i already know the first 2 protector so +rep since u gave me the 3rd one
And I just want a map protector that it is impossible to deprotect in case of fake versions.
But i think no such protector, if got pls mention.
Well, I heard not say that dota cannot be deprotected.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Here is a rule of thumb: if Warcraft III can open it, anyone can ;). Of course, a good protection might turn off the wannabe hackers that don't know that much, but for an experienced person, any map can be opened.

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
So no solutions at all?
Maybe anyone knows any system that once a trigger is added or removed.
Game immediately do an action - including crash the game.
Or a special programme to protect for only playing but not editing

canons200

Reaction score
honestly, what i can tell you is.............Dota can be deprotected, In my country, i see a lot of dota 6.67c 6 vs 6 map, i do play the map and find out that the map is same as dota 6.67c, what they do is to add 1 more player for each team and change the sentinel and the scourge to be controlled by neutral.

So are you going to say there is a perfect protection system? I don't think so, and as long as the warcraft 3 can open and play the map, it can be deprotected.

If warcraft 3 can open and play the map, there is a way to deprotect the map, at such there is no perfect protect program. Simple take Vexorian's Optimizer, because if warcraft 3 can open the map....................(enough to repeat)

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
Or you can try to take a look at DotA Revival in member's project section.

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
Why is everyone going out of point?
I am just looking for a good map protector and someone goes to template and so on.

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score

you can deprotect it just fine so its not fool proof however it is a good protection and you can get here at this website BAM. enjoy, if you have trouble finding it, just ask and their moderator will give you the direct link.

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
Help me ask???
Plsss
But since it can be deprotected how is it good?
And anyone can give me link on Vexorian's Optimizer or is it wc3mapoptimizer << if thats so i got it already.

mapguy

Reaction score
DUELPLAYER, LISTEN TO IT, PLEASE!

1 - any map can be DEprotected.
2 - protection only prevent NOOBS from screwing up ur maps, but if a hacker wants to put cheats in your maps he can!
3 - the best way of doing a good map and prevent cheats (but FOR SURE SOME ONE WILL MAKE CHEATS), is using a map protector like vexorian's and make SEMANAL updates of your map ALWAYS in the same LINK! so people will know that if they want the NONhacked version, they just need to go to the same link and get it. for example, I NEVER DOWNLOAD DOTA from a host, I always go to www.getdota.com, just create a place where your map always is, for example, put your map here in THE HELPER FORUM, and create an ADVICE message in the start of your game which says: "to download new versions of this map go to:
"http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=150855&page=2"

simple like this, because it's not possible to prevent hacking.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.