Tutorial DotA Power Treads System

Archideas

Reaction score
For people who dont play dota
You can create an item called Power Treads (simple recipes), it gives movement speed and a stat bonus to one attribute (+10). You can choose which attribute by clicking on the item. if the treads is in Strength form, it will turn into Agility form. Clicking Agility changes it to Intelligence, Clicking Intelligence changes it to Strength... etc.

>Also, your triggers, are very... messy....

word. those loops are crazy and... inefficient?

Code:
Power Treads
    Events
        Unit - A unit Uses an item
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Power Treads (Agility)
            Then - Actions
                For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                            If - Conditions
                                (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to Power Treads (Agility)
                            Then - Actions
                                Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
                                Hero - Create Power Treads (Intelligence) and give it to (Triggering unit)
                                Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to move (Last created item) to inventory slot (Integer A)
                            Else - Actions
            Else - Actions

thats example for agi to int, i dont know why you were using two loops or checking for PowerTreads_Item

i fail to see why you need those checks.

and not to hate but does this really count as a system o_O, its just replacing when used.

>My Power Threads system is very good too but its not MUI so i guess i'll use this one
question, how can it not be mui?? its replacing an item? O_O

as for stacking treads... if the item has the ability Movement speed bonus, it wont stack anyway, thats how dota does it, i believe, it doesnt drop the item, it just says in the description, Boots do not stack.

I tried using your triggers for replacing an item when used, but somehow I can't get it to work. =/ This is what it looks like atm.

Trigger:
  • Mage Masher
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Uses an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Mage Masher
        • Then - Actions
          • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A)) Equal to Mage Masher
                • Then - Actions
                  • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
                  • Hero - Create The Ogre and give it to (Triggering unit)
                  • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to move (Last created item) to inventory slot (Integer A)
                  • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to move (Last created item) to inventory slot (Integer A)
                • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions

Basically, Mage Masher is an agility weapon while The Ogre is as strength weapon. And by clicking MM it should be replaced with TO and vice versa. The Ogre's triggers looks exactly the same as the one above just modified to its purposes. What's wrong? :confused:

**EDIT**

Nevermind. I totally forgot to give the item a dummy ability for it to work. :D

***EDIT***

Noticed if you carry more than one of said item and use it, it'll create 6 replicas of it for you. Any way to prevent this?

nnieheayp

Reaction score
New version added... I fixed the order issue with the power treads and i fixed up the triggers. I want to say thank you for all the comments. One thing bothers me: Why is there lag the first time I combine the power treads item?

Noticed if you carry more than one of said item and use it, it'll create 6 replicas of it for you. Any way to prevent this?
Check out the new version and try to do that. If you can reply again i will try to fix it...

EDIT: Added the triggers to spoilers to decrease the size of the thread...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.