Tutorial DotA Power Treads System

nnieheayp

Reaction score
I made this system for mappers. Many of you might not like dotA systems but I searched and I couldn't find a system for the Power Treads. I made it myself and i wanted to show it to you guys. Please tell me how to improve/upgrade the system... Thank you for feedback and comments

Description:
Item Power Treads: Boots of speed + Gloves of Haste + Robe of the Magi or Belt of Giant Strength or Boots of Elvenskin + Recipe for Power Treads
Bonus: It gives +65 move speed, +30% attack speed and +10 to the selected attribute(Strength, Agility or Intellegence).

Triggers:

Trigger:
  • Power Treads
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Belt of Giant Strength) Equal to True
          • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Boots of Speed) Equal to True
          • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Gloves of Haste) Equal to True
          • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Power Treads Recipe) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Items\AIem\AIemTarget.mdl
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Belt of Giant Strength)
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Boots of Speed)
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Gloves of Haste)
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Power Treads Recipe)
          • Hero - Create Power Treads (Strength) and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • And - All (Conditions) are true
                • Conditions
                  • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Boots of Elvenskin) Equal to True
                  • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Power Treads Recipe) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Items\AIem\AIemTarget.mdl
              • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Boots of Elvenskin)
              • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Boots of Speed)
              • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Gloves of Haste)
              • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Power Treads Recipe)
              • Hero - Create Power Treads (Agility) and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • And - All (Conditions) are true
                    • Conditions
                      • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Robe of the Magi) Equal to True
                • Then - Actions
                  • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Robe of the Magi)
                  • Hero - Create Power Treads (Intelligence) and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
                • Else - Actions

Trigger:
  • Power Treads Use
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Uses an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Power Treads (Strength)
        • Then - Actions
          • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A)) Equal to (Item being manipulated)
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set TempInt = (Integer A)
                  • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
                  • Hero - Create Power Treads (Agility) and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
                  • Unit - Order (Hero manipulating item) to move (Last created item) to inventory slot TempInt
                  • For each (Integer B) from 1 to 999, do (Actions)
                    • Loop - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Hero manipulating item) Equal to PowerTreadsUnit[(Integer B)]
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Unit - Order (Hero manipulating item) to Move To PowerTreadsOrderPoint[(Integer B)]
                          • Skip remaining actions
                        • Else - Actions
                  • Skip remaining actions
                • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Power Treads (Agility)
            • Then - Actions
                • Loop - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A)) Equal to (Item being manipulated)
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Hero - Create Power Treads (Intelligence) and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
                      • Unit - Order (Hero manipulating item) to move (Last created item) to inventory slot TempInt
                        • Loop - Actions
                            • If - Conditions
                            • Then - Actions
                              • Unit - Order (Hero manipulating item) to Move To PowerTreadsOrderPoint[(Integer B)]
                              • Skip remaining actions
                            • Else - Actions
                      • Skip remaining actions
                    • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Power Treads (Intelligence)
                • Then - Actions
                    • Loop - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Hero - Create Power Treads (Strength) and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
                            • Loop - Actions
                                • If - Conditions
                                • Then - Actions
                                  • Skip remaining actions
                                • Else - Actions
                          • Skip remaining actions
                        • Else - Actions
                • Else - Actions

Trigger:
  • Power Treads Limit
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Power Treads (Agility)
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Power Treads (Strength)
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Power Treads (Intelligence)
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A)) Not equal to (Item being manipulated)
                • Conditions
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to Power Treads (Agility)
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to Power Treads (Intelligence)
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to Power Treads (Strength)
            • Then - Actions
              • Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from (Hero manipulating item)
              • Cinematic - Clear the screen of text messages for (Player group((Owner of (Hero manipulating item))))
              • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))) for 1.00 seconds the text: ...
            • Else - Actions

Trigger:
  • Power Treads Recipe
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Power Treads) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Power Treads)
      • Hero - Create Power Treads Recipe and give it to (Hero manipulating item)

Trigger:
  • Power Treads Order Point
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
    • Conditions
        • Conditions
          • ((Ordered unit) has an item of type Power Treads (Strength)) Equal to True
          • ((Ordered unit) has an item of type Power Treads (Agility)) Equal to True
          • ((Ordered unit) has an item of type Power Treads (Intelligence)) Equal to True
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Ordered unit) is in PowerTreadsGroup) Equal to False
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • PowerTreadsCV Less than 1000
            • Then - Actions
              • Set PowerTreadsCV = (PowerTreadsCV + 1)
            • Else - Actions
              • Set PowerTreadsCV = 1
          • Set PowerTreadsUnit[PowerTreadsCV] = (Ordered unit)
          • Unit Group - Add PowerTreadsUnit[PowerTreadsCV] to PowerTreadsGroup
          • Set PowerTreadsOrderPoint[PowerTreadsCV] = (Target point of issued order)
        • Else - Actions
          • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 999, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Ordered unit) Equal to PowerTreadsUnit[(Integer A)]
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set PowerTreadsOrderPoint[(Integer A)] = (Target point of issued order)
                  • Skip remaining actions
                • Else - Actions

Attachments

• [System] Power Treads v1.0.w3x
    44.8 KB · Views: 439
  • [System] Power Treads v1.1.w3x
    42.9 KB · Views: 360
  • [System] Power Treads v1.2.w3x
    51.9 KB · Views: 552

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Why is the Prefix saying Tutorial, if this is a system?
What does the system do? (For those who don't play Dota.)
Show us your triggers.

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hmm the system is very good. My Power Threads system is very good too but its not MUI so i guess i'll use this one. But I spotted a bug.

Bug Display: When you make 1 Power Threads on the mountain king hero and 1 Power Threads on the Paladin. When u press on the boots on the paladin it says: ''You are allowed to carry only 1 Power Threads''...

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Works like a charm. But giving YOU Credit for something that you just re-coded? Also, your triggers, are very... messy....

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
For people who dont play dota
You can create an item called Power Treads (simple recipes), it gives movement speed and a stat bonus to one attribute (+10). You can choose which attribute by clicking on the item. if the treads is in Strength form, it will turn into Agility form. Clicking Agility changes it to Intelligence, Clicking Intelligence changes it to Strength... etc.

>Also, your triggers, are very... messy....

word. those loops are crazy and... inefficient?

Code:
Power Treads
    Events
        Unit - A unit Uses an item
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Power Treads (Agility)
            Then - Actions
                For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                            If - Conditions
                                (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to Power Treads (Agility)
                            Then - Actions
                                Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
                                Hero - Create Power Treads (Intelligence) and give it to (Triggering unit)
                                Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to move (Last created item) to inventory slot (Integer A)
                            Else - Actions
            Else - Actions

thats example for agi to int, i dont know why you were using two loops or checking for PowerTreads_Item

i fail to see why you need those checks.

and not to hate but does this really count as a system o_O, its just replacing when used.

>My Power Threads system is very good too but its not MUI so i guess i'll use this one
question, how can it not be mui?? its replacing an item? O_O

as for stacking treads... if the item has the ability Movement speed bonus, it wont stack anyway, thats how dota does it, i believe, it doesnt drop the item, it just says in the description, Boots do not stack.

Igor_Z

Reaction score
Don't have step-by-step teaching. +graveyard note.. o_O
You can't be serious m8. He did a very good job + his hard work... There isn't any power threads system here I think so I give +rep to him...
About the Thread. It should say [System]Power Threads. Pyae add triggers to your thread, use WC3 GUI tags to display them. Myb it should have a how to import trigger or some explanation. But u worked hard on it so I give +rep

Reaction score
Please provide your triggers/code on your first post.
Also, add instructions on how to implement your system to map (even if it is just copy/paste)
Oh, and a description would be nice too.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
>Does it cancel the current order? <_<

yes it does. to fix it, base it off ww or beserk(?), those are non interrupting casts. although i think dota cancels orders too >_>

>This is so specific to DotA that it is absurd.

yea. replacing an item = dota

and as i said, i suggest changing your triggers a bit and getting rid of using variables. (this really doesn't need variables) (just look at the trigger i posted in my first post)

Leazy

Reaction score
Base the item ability on for example berserk and it wont stop its orders I think.

Edit: Owe, someone above said that already.

nnieheayp

Reaction score
I fixed this system. But,i can't fix order, also used berserk(item) ability. I think that bug may be at "order unit item move to slot". How can i solve that ?:confused:

Thanks for replying with help ideas.:)

EDIT: The updated map is in my first post

nnieheayp

Reaction score
BUMP...
Fixed my post and my system... In the v1.1 i added Import Steps, added triggers to post #1, added description and more...

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
those triggers look MUCH better, so is it fully working now? (the berserk? too)?

Igor_Z

Reaction score
Very nice fixes... The order needs to be fixed btw. You shouldn't order the unit to move it to X slot in inventory. That makes the unit stop

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.