Dota

Do You Hate DOTA?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nomadian

Reaction score
only a couple of times played allstars, didn't see the appeal of it. I prefer the roc version which the guy who made allstars based his on.

Sargon

Reaction score
Just so you know, this can go nowhere but down.

Siefer

Reaction score
I don't completely hate the map, its just that there are so many better AoS's out there.

And I agree with you Sargon.

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
i happen to like DOTA its is sucha blanced game and the items.
How can this only go down.
Plus i wanted to know why every one on this forum hates DOTA. :banghead:

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
"Everyone" is a bit of a stretch.

However, mostly, there's only two opinions on DotA:
- It totally sucks
- It's the greatest ever.

There doesn't seem to be a middle...

And, well, if views like those come together, it will only go down...
Down as in, it will go from DotA sucks / is great to You suck / are great.
Or something like that.

And, once someone mentions Icefrog (or similar), it's all down-hill...

Arcane

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be a middle...

Not completely true. I don't like it more than I like it, but I have no objections against it. It's just that there are, like Siefer said, so many better Aos maps out there.

Demonfaze

8 yrs. Hell, it's been a long time.
Reaction score
Good map...but way too f'n overplayed
dotatourn0il.jpg

S

soulbad

Dota is played way too much. They abuse the game there are so many different maps out there just waiting to be explored but they may never make it to b.net just because those many people playing dota won't go to any other maps except for dota. I have to say it is made well but it gets really old to see that map...and getting booted when entering to see what it is about.

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
a few things why I dun like it:

clan tda and their shitlist...

people giving there CD-keys to Icefrog so he can have more bots...

balance isuses...

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
soulbad said:
Dota is played way too much. They abuse the game there are so many different maps out there just waiting to be explored but they may never make it to b.net just because those many people playing dota won't go to any other maps except for dota. I have to say it is made well but it gets really old to see that map...and getting booted when entering to see what it is about.
Yes i have to agree Dota is good very good but i have seen better but think woul dblizzard have made alot of money if they didnt have DOTA?

And i have made a idea what you do is you name you map DOTA make the same NAME as DOTA V(currect one) then you play dota you get a screen shot of dota Then you cut out the mini map to use it for the box you see when you click on a game in the game list. and then you make your map and every one will think its dota becuase it has the mini map but when they play the game and the loading screen appears they find out its not and some might quit but others might not to see what this map is about and if it is good then you keep making version with the real name beuase now since people have tryed it they might play again. Yall follow me? It is a perfect idea to get your game played.

Siefer

Reaction score
And i have made a idea what you do is you name you map DOTA make the same NAME as DOTA V(currect one) then you play dota you get a screen shot of dota Then you cut out the mini map to use it for the box you see when you click on a game in the game list. and then you make your map and every one will think its dota becuase it has the mini map but when they play the game and the loading screen appears they find out its not and some might quit but others might not to see what this map is about and if it is good then you keep making version with the real name beuase now since people have tryed it they might play again. Yall follow me? It is a perfect idea to get your game played.

I guess so... but it sounds very underhanded.

I'm not sure it would work too good.

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
Well all the people would probably flame your map for "copying" dota. Just a thought.

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
ya demonfaze, it is too overplayed..

im inbetween on the issue. while the map is ok, i hate most of the people that play the map cause they're too concenred about leavers and noobs, therefore making the game not fun...so anyway...

Outbreak191

Reaction score
Don't worry, I think this new opensource DOTA will be the downfall of DOTA Allstars. Bnet will be flooded with noobie imitation DOTAs and everyone will go off it (at least I can hope).

Demonfaze

Reaction score
opensource DotA :eek:

Sounds a bit mean if one of us releases an unprotected DotA, but if they are doing it... that's awesome

Demonfaze

Reaction score
thats a template, no heroes
not saying its bad, (i love that template, it is a great start for anyone) but it isnt a type of map that would be "ripped off" since the "ripper offer" would have to make heroes (which actually requires work)

Outbreak191

Reaction score
I mean we're gonna end up with versions with either
a)Default WC3 Heroes
b)Unbalanced with unedited abilities given at random to heroes
c)Rigged

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> a) Default WC3 Heroes

These Heroes are much more balanced than some custom ones I've seen.

And, actually, given that noone ever uses them, they are somewhat new... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.